Red Centre Explorer Self Drive, 6 Nights
Deal Number 4539253
Just go. Make your dream holiday your next holiday with easy Interest Free repayments over the next 9 months on packages over $999. For full product information please see our interest free page.
Destination Red Centre, Australia
Travel Dates Selected travel dates 1 July 2017 - 31 March 2018
- 1 nights accommodation at the 4-star Aurora Alice Springs in a Standard Room.
- 1 nights accommodation at the 2.5-star Glen Helen Resort in a Motel Room.
- 2 nights accommodation at the 3.5-star Kings Canyon Resort in a Standard Room.
- 2 nights accommodation at the 3-star Voyages Outback Pioneer in a Standard Room.
- 7 day car hire of a Hyundai i20 or similar (pick up Ayers Rock Airport, drop off Ayers Rock Airport).
- How about: an Uluru Sunrise Tour from an extra $94*
- Selected travel dates 1 July 2017 - 31 March 2018
Visit Red Centre
Day 1 Alice Springs.
Welcome to Alice Springs, Australia's dusty red heart. Framed by the MacDonnell Ranges, deep gorges and wild barren plains, it's often many visitor's first encounter of the Outback. The Old Telegraph Station, the Aviation Museum and the original Royal Flying Doctor Service are iconic Alice Springs attractions worth visiting during your stay in the Alice.
Day 2 Alice Springs to West MacDonnell Ranges.
Today drive out to Glen Helen Resort, a homestead oasis in the West MacDonnell Ranges. From here you can take the opportunity to explore the stunning gorges and chasms in the West MacDonnell Ranges including Simpson's Gap, Standley Chasm, Ellery Creek Gorge, Ormiston Gorge and Glen Helen Gorge.
Day 3 West MacDonnell Ranges to Kings Canyon.
Rise early for the drive to Kings Canyon. This rugged chasm looming over the wild, sunburnt plains is one of the most impressive sights in all the Red Centre. You'll have two nights at the Kings Canyon Resort to make the most of this stunning region. Once you've settled in, head to the viewing platform to catch the canyon illuminated in shades of crimson and pink as the sun sets. At night, tuck into some classic Aussie cuisine at the onsite barbecue restaurant.
Day 4 Kings Canyon.
Aim for an early start to experience this stunning region at its best. Hikers are rewarded with sweeping outback views on the Kings Canyon Rim Walk, a six-kilometre, four-hour loop along the top of the ravine. (Walkers must set off before 9am in the warmer months.) Or, if you'd prefer something a bit easier, the Kings Creek Walk is just two kilometres and navigates a rocky creek towards a lookout over the canyon rim.
Day 5 Kings Canyon to Uluru.
Enjoy one last Kings Canyon sunrise before hitting the highway to Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park. Considered the spiritual heart of Australia, this terracotta-coloured landscape is peppered with mystical sites, including arguably one of the world's most recognised icons: Uluru. Choose to join one of the many optional experiences available such as a sunset tour to Kata Tjuta (also known as The Olgas) or Uluru for one of the best sunsets in the Red Centre where you'll also learn about the area's geological and cultural history.
Day 6 Uluru.
Why not enjoy another early start and head to Talinguru Nyakunytjaku, a local viewing area overlooking Uluru. Watch in awe as the first rays of the day creep over the desert plains, bathing the face of Uluru in vivid hues of red, orange, blue and purple. It's the perfect way to start the day. You can spend the rest of your day however you please. You might like to join a cultural experience at Ayers Rock Village or head back to Kata Tjuta for a walk through the Valley of the Winds. Another optional extra you might like to add on is the iconic Sounds of Silence dinner. This dining experience, complete with sunset canapes, traditional Aboriginal entertainment, gourmet buffet and stargazing, is the perfect end to any outback adventure.
Day 7 Uluru to Alice Springs.
Your Red Centre journey concludes on return of your hire care to Alice Springs Airport.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 April 2017 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
Call 133 133 or email an Airfare Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
We won't be beaten on price
Our Lowest Airfare Guarantee ensures you always get the best deal which means you save money.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With over 700 stores in Australia, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.