Flights Adelaide to Canberra
Canberra is the cultural capital of Australia, with a rich heritage of arts and culture on display in the various galleries and museums. Read more...
Terms & Conditions
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes and surcharges specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a code share partner of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge (see booking terms and conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Flying time from Adelaide to Canberra: 1 hour 45 minutes approximately
Distance from CBD: 5km
Taxi: Around $20 to CBD
Public Transport: The Airliner Bus and shuttle coaches service the airport daily.
Currency: Australian Dollar
The National Gallery of Australia is a Canberra artistic focus. The gallery features more than 160,000 works in its permanent collection and has also attracted major exhibitions with a rotating schedule of world-class works on display. You can view the famous Blue Poles painting by Jackson Pollock, take a walk in the sculpture garden and enjoy lunch on the top floor overlooking the majestic Lake Burley Griffin with a bird's eye view of the city.
From the National Gallery, take a scenic walk along the lake foreshore to The National Portrait Gallery of Australia, where the people who helped shape the nation are captured for posterity. Featuring more than 400 portraits of musicians, politicians, royalty, judges, artists and more, the Portrait Gallery effortlessly blends contemporary exhibits with historical paintings.
After you've had your cultural fix, take a break at the Hyatt Hotel to enjoy their delicious high tea. Built in the 1920s, the hotel still maintains its old world charm, with staff garbed in historic attire. The high tea is served with silver-service teapots and an old world charm.
Canberra Airport (CBR)
For helpful information about getting to and from the airport, check-in information and more have a look at our Canberra Airport Guide.
Airport Accommodation: Staying anywhere in the city area will put you in close proximity to Canberra Airport. Book your Canberra Accommodation.
Airlines that fly to Canberra
The following airlines fly to Canberra domestically:
For more information on airlines that offer flights to Canberra, see our domestic airline page.
You might also be interested in our international airline guide.