Canberra is the keeper of our nation's history, housing the Australian War Memorial, National Museum of Australia and National Film and Sounds Archive. Read more...
Terms & Conditions
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes and surcharges specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a code share partner of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge (see booking terms and conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Flying time from Melbourne to Canberra: 1 hour 10 minutes approximately
Distance from CBD: 5km
Taxi: Around $20 to CBD
Public Transport: The Airliner Bus and shuttle coaches service the airport daily.
Currency: Australian Dollar
The Australian War Memorial stands guard over the fallen men and women who have served our country in wartime. An iconic monument, framed by the sweeping Anzac Parade, the museum is an outstanding archive and learning resource to capture the history of Australia during wartime.
The National Museum of Australia stretches across the Acton foreshore, heralding your arrival to the ACT. Its irreverent ramps and futuristic façade announce its playful, interactive exhibitions that are educational for all members of the family.
Alternatively, the National Film and Sounds Archive boasts hundreds of film and sound clips, photographs and costumes delving into the rich world of Australia's film and TV recorded past.
Canberra Airport (CBR)
For helpful information about getting to and from the airport, check-in information and more have a look at our Canberra Airport Guide.
Airport Accommodation: Staying anywhere in the city area will put you in close proximity to Canberra Airport. Book your Canberra Accommodation.
Airlines that fly to Canberra
The following airlines fly to Canberra domestically:
For more information on airlines that offer flights to Canberra, see our domestic airline page.
You might also be interested in our international airline guide.