Terms & Conditions
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a code share partner of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge (see booking terms and conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
To visit the Taj Mahal, take a train or private taxi early to avoid Delhi's peak hour. There are many hotels in Agra and it's wise to stay overnight if you have the time, in order to fully immerse yourself in the grandeur of two of India's most spectacular sites.
The Taj Mahal is one of the wonders of the world and when you see it you'll understand why. Its breathtaking size overwhelms even the hordes of tourists that swarm through its gates every day. Built entirely of white marble in memory of the beloved wife of the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan, it is truly the most exquisite love letter ever composed. Bypass the hawkers and be sure to buy your ticket from the official office.
The great sandstone remnants of the Red Fort in Old Delhi are also a sight to behold. Extending for a whopping two kilometers, the walls of this fort were completed in 1648 at the height of the Mughal dynasty.
Delhi Airport (DEL)
Flights from Australia to Delhi will disembark at Indira Gandhi International Airport.
Named after the former Prime Minister of India, Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL) is located 16 kilometres from New Delhi and is the busiest airport in India.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Indira Gandhi International Airport . Book your Delhi Airport accommodation.
Getting to Delhi
There are many airlines that offer flights to Delhi from Australia. Direct flights from Melbourne take around 12 hours. Flights from Sydney via Melbourne, Singapore or Guangzhou take between 15 and 17 hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Brisbane via Melbourne, Bangkok, Singapore or Guangzhou take between 14 and 17 hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Perth via Singapore take between 12 and 15 hours depending on the stopover.
Airlines that fly to Delhi
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Delhi from Australia include:
- Air China
- British Airways
- Cathay Pacific
- Etihad Airways
- Singapore Airlines
- Thai Airways
- Virgin Atlantic
For more information on Delhi holidays check out our Delhi travel guide.
To book your flights to Delhi, call our travel consultants on 133 133.