Terms & Conditions
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a code share partner of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge (see booking terms and conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
A former Portuguese colony declared independent in 1976, Penang also endured a power struggle with Indonesia until it was internationally recognised as an independent state in 2002. The battle wasn't easy, and as such tourism suffered. Today however, the state has begun to slowly rebuild itself, providing endless options for those willing to take the adventure there.
Relax on the white sandy beach of Areia Branca, explore the 17th century fort in Maubara or wander through Dili's Portuguese Castle, dating back to 1627. In addition to beaches and history, East Timor is a prized snorkelling and fishing destination. For some of the best reefs in the state, head to the fishing village of Com, home to the five-star Com Beach Resort and beautiful snorkelling reefs.
East Timor Airport (DIL)
Flights from Australia to East Timor will disembark at Presidente Nicolau Lobato International Airport.
Presidente Nicolau Lobato International Airport (DIL), formerly known as Comoro International Airport, is located in East Timor's capital of Dili. The airport was renamed after Nicolau dos Reis Lobato, an East Timorese politician and national hero.
Airlines that fly to East Timor
Qantas offers cheap flights to East Timor from Australia include:
For more information on East Timor holidays check out our East Timor travel guide.