Just a stone's throw from the Hobart waterfront and Salamanca Place are two of the city's most prestigious and historic suburbs; Battery Point and Sandy Bay. Read more...
Terms & Conditions
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes and surcharges specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a code share partner of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge (see booking terms and conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Flying time from Sydney to Hobart:2 hours 40 minutes approximately
Distance from CBD: 17km
Taxi: Around $35 to CBD
Public Transport: Shuttle buses service the airport regularly.
Currency: Australian Dollar
Battery Point is an ideal place to spend the afternoon exploring, wandering the streets of this leafy suburb and admiring the heritage buildings, houses and churches. Sandy bay is a great spot for a picnic in the park, lunch at one of the local cafés or a stroll along the beach. This beautiful suburb is also home to the Hobart campus of the University of Tasmania and was the site of Australia's first legal casino, Wrest Point Hotel Casino, which opened in 1973.
For visitors looking to take home a keepsake from historic Hobart, many antique shops can be found in these two suburbs as well as the CBD. Even if you're not looking to buy, the antique stores in and around Salamanca Place, like Mariners Cottage Antiques, are similar to mini museums and are worth browsing.
Explore some of Hobart's inner suburbs and breathe in the history of Australia's second-oldest city.
Hobart Airport (HBA)
For helpful information about getting to and from the airport, check-in information and more have a look at our Hobart Airport Guide.
Airport Accommodation: Hobart's CBD, where the majority of accommodation is located, is about 20 minutes drive from the airport. Book your Hobart Accommodation.
Airlines that fly to Hobart
The following airlines fly to Hobart domestically:
For more information on airlines that offer flights to Hobart, see our domestic airline page.
You might also be interested in our international airline guide.