Brisbane to Melbourne Flights
Melbourne is famous for its exciting sporting atmosphere, often dubbed the 'Sporting Mecca of Australia.' Read more...
Terms & Conditions
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes and surcharges specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a code share partner of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge (see booking terms and conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Flying time from Brisbane to Melbourne: 2 hours 20 minutes approximately
Distance from CBD: 23km
Taxi: Around $50 to CBD
Public Transport: Shuttle and public buses service both terminals.
Currency: Australian Dollar
Melbourne Avalon Airport
Distance from CBD: 59km
Taxi: Around $118 to CBD
Public Transport: Shuttle buses from Melbourne and Geelong reach the airport daily.
Currency: Australian Dollar
Melbourne's Etihad Stadium is a state-of-the-art venue that holds both AFL and NRL games throughout the year. It also doubles as a music venue, hosting concerts by huge music acts such U2 and Kylie Minogue. Another city sporting icon is The Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) in Richmond. Beloved by Melburnians all over, grab a pie and a beer and watch a footy game like no other in a stadium that holds over 100, 000 people.
Another outstanding sporting venue is the Rod Laver Arena, a tennis park which is the home of the Australian Open, as well as hosting a number of international music concerts. If you're in Melbourne during the summertime tennis season, buy a day pass and gain access to all the on-court action including live concerts and an array of food outlets.
Take the family to Medibank Icehouse at Waterfront City Docklands and skate in Olympic sized ice-skating rinks. This is an exciting destination hub for entertainment.
Melbourne Airport (MEL, AVV)
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located within close proximity to Melbourne Airport. Book your Melbourne Airport Accommodation.
Airlines that fly to Melbourne
Melbourne is one of Australia's busiest tourist destinations and as such is accessible from the majority of Australian airports. Airlines that fly domestically to Melbourne are as follows:
For more information on airlines that offer flights to Melbourne, see our domestic airline page.
You might also be interested in our international airline guide.