Flights Canberra to Melbourne
Escape the hustle and bustle of Melbourne's CBD with a drive along the iconic Great Ocean Road. Read more...
Terms & Conditions
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes and surcharges specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a code share partner of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge (see booking terms and conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Flying time from Perth to Melbourne: 1 hour 10 minutes approximately
Distance from CBD: 23km
Taxi: Around $50 to CBD
Public Transport: Shuttle and public buses service both terminals.
Currency: Australian Dollar
Melbourne Avalon Airport
Distance from CBD: 59km
Taxi: Around $118 to CBD
Public Transport: Shuttle buses from Melbourne and Geelong reach the airport daily.
Currency: Australian Dollar
Around 3 hours' drive from Melbourne lies the Great Ocean Road, a stretch of road that lines the magnificent Victorian coastline. The road is a popular getaway route during summer and is lauded for its fantastic ocean views. Stop at the famous Torquay to watch international surf competitions, rent a surfboard at Airley's Inlet or explore the beautiful terrain at Fairhaven. Further down, Lorne offers great seafood lunches and beach house accommodation perfect for a weekend stay.
Animal-lovers would be wise to include Werribee Open Range Zoo on their 'must-visit' list. At Werribee you can watch cheetahs and giraffes dart across the wide plains and spy hippopotamuses and Western Lowland Gorillas from the comfort of a safari car.
For more animal watching, don't miss the Melbourne Aquarium located along the Yarra River. For an exhilarating experience, take a dive with the sharks, or for something more laid-back, watch the beautiful King and Gentoo penguins at play.
Melbourne Airport (MEL, AVV)
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located within close proximity to Melbourne Airport. Book your Melbourne Airport Accommodation.
Airlines that fly to Melbourne
Melbourne is one of Australia's busiest tourist destinations and as such is accessible from the majority of Australian airports. Airlines that fly domestically to Melbourne are as follows:
For more information on airlines that offer flights to Melbourne, see our domestic airline page.
You might also be interested in our international airline guide.