Melbourne to Colombo Flights
Colombo, and Sri Lanka in general, has a fascinating heritage and culture. To learn and understand more about the country you can visit the highly-regarded National Museum of Colombo. Read more...
The National Museum of Colombo is the largest in Sri Lanka and contains a number of important collections based around the country's royal family, religion and culture. The museum was established in 1877 and still remains in the same building. Inside you can view the thrown and crown jewels of the last king of Sir Lanka as well as a number of antiques, scriptures and ancient art works. The museum also houses the National Museum Library which also opened in 1877.
Following the museum, head to the vibrant district of Pettah and experience local life in Colombo. This district is famous for its crowded bazaars which sell anything and everything, and at amazing prices. The winding laneway markets are best for clothing, antiques, fabrics and jewellery. In addition to the busy market stalls, the buildings in Pettah, such as the Khan Clock Tower, are wonderful examples of the unique architecture that can be seen in the city. The Dutch Museum is another example of Colombo's diverse buildings and is a great place to visit and learn more about the area's Dutch heritage.
Colombo Airport (CMB)
Flights from Australia to Colombo will disembark at Bandaranaike International Airport.
Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB), also known as Katunayake International Airport and Colombo International Airport, is located in Katunayake, 35 kilometres north of Colombo.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Bandaranaike International Airport. Book your Colombo Airport accommodation.
Airlines that fly to Colombo
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Colombo from Australia include:
For more information on airlines that offer flights to Colombo, have a look at our international airline page.
For flights to Colombo from Melbourne, give our experienced travel consultants a call.
Melbourne to Colombo Economy Airfare
|DEAL NUMBER 1032508|
travel dates01 Aug 2013 - 30 Nov 2013.
Terms & Conditions
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a code share partner of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes and surcharges specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge (see booking terms and conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Talk to an Airfare Expert about flights from Melbourne to Colombo
- Are Airfare Experts
- Are based in Australia
- Can answer your questions
about fare types and inclusions
- Can find exclusive packages to
save you money