Cairns to Port Moresby Flights
As Papua New Guinea's capital, Port Moresby is a destination worthy of exploration. Come for the history, stay for the scuba diving. Whatever your holiday interests, our flights to Port Moresby can make it happen. Read more...
While Port Moresby may be known as a dry and dusty city, just 30 minutes out from the city you'll find paradise, also known as the Rouna Falls. Green and luscious, the majestic waterfall descends from the Sogeri Plateau provides the ideal introduction to Papua New Guinea. The plateau is also where the famous Kokoda trail begins, while the beautiful Varirata National Park is also located close by.
Consider viewing the falls from above on a helicopter tour. Tours operate regularly from Port Moresby and can reach some of Papua New Guinea's most isolated and beautiful destinations such at the Tufi Fjords, the Owen Standley Rand and the tallest mountain in the country - Mt Wilhelm.
Port Moresby Airport (POM)
Flights from Australia to Port Moresby will disembark at Jacksons International Airport.
Jacksons International Airport (POM) is located 8 kilometres outside Port Moresby. It is the largest and busiest airport in Papua New Guinea and is the main hub for Air Niugini, the national airline of Papua New Guinea.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Jacksons International Airport. Book your Port Moresby Airport accommodation.
Airlines that fly to Port Moresby
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Port Moresby from Australia include:
For more information on airlines that offer flights to Port Moresby, have a look at our international airline page.
Cairns to Port Moresby Economy Airfare
|DEAL NUMBER 1033379|
travel dates01 Jun 2013 - 13 Jul 2013.
Terms & Conditions
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a code share partner of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes and surcharges specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge (see booking terms and conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Talk to an Airfare Expert about flights from Cairns to Port Moresby
- Are Airfare Experts
- Are based in Australia
- Can answer your questions
about fare types and inclusions
- Can find exclusive packages to
save you money