United Arab Emirates Flights
The largest of the UAE's seven emirates, and the federation's capital, is Abu Dhabi but its flashy neighbour Dubai often takes centre stage. The lesser-known emirates all have their own merits, even if the world doesn't know about them yet. Read more...
The United Arab Emirates marry rags and riches, depending upon where you look. While you're adventuring (with the exception of water sports) it's always advisable to wear modest clothing.
Here's a very brief overview of the major emirates:
- Abu Dhabi – a liveable city that maintains its local Emirati flavour, it's a green haven amid vast desert dunes; its small fishing village origins of 50 years ago are barely reconisable.
- Dubai – otherworldly architecture, shopping, beaches and nightlife are the headliners here and cater to a multinational population. This is the region's major transit hub and even just stepping outside the airport into a serious wave of heat is enough to reorient the senses pretty quickly.
- Sharjah – a conservative region where museums, galleries and theatres are the highlights, alongside city souq bargain hunting.
- Ras al Khaymah – this is the UAE's northernmost emirate with attractive, pleasantly development-free beaches and alluring views to the Hajar Mountains from the dusty main town.
November to March is the most temperate time to visit. If you want to know more about making the most of your holiday here, contact Flight Centre or grab a flight to the UAE and lock in your next trip.
There are currently no products, please try again later.
For information on the airlines that offer cheap flights to the United Arab Emirates, have a look at our international airline page.
Talk to an Airfare Expert about flights to United Arab Emirates
- Are Airfare Experts
- Are based in Australia
- Can answer your questions
about fare types and inclusions
- Can find exclusive packages to
save you money