Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at http://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Hotel Priscilla. Hotel Priscilla is a charming 3-star hotel, located in one of the strategic points of the city, the district ludovisi, full of restaurants, shops, banks and embassies, within walking distance from Via Veneto, Villa Borghese, the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain. Not far away and ...
Travel Dates: Selected travel dates 1 - 31 May 2017.
The Caravel Hotel Boutique Hotel is a historic hotel in Rome is located in an extremely interesting for both the tourist and the businessman. It is located 10 minutes from downtown historic (archaeological site of the Circus Maximus and Palatine , the Baths of Caracalla , the Catacombs of San Cal...
Travel Dates: Valid for departure 1 - 31 May 2017.
Kennedy Hotel This family run hotel takes pride in creating a friendly and informal atmosphere and offers a warm Italian welcome to its guests. Conveniently located near the main central station, Termini, this comfortable hotel is also within walking distance of the Colosseum and Roman Forum, Ter...
Travel Dates: Select travel dates 01 May 2017 - 31 May 2017
Perhaps the most inspiring and at the same time macabre symbol of ancient Rome is the Colosseum, located to the east of the Roman forum and primarily used for gladiatorial contests. Construction of the 50,000 seat auditorium began in 72CE under the emperor Vespasian and completed eight years later under the emperor Titus. The original name, Amphitheatrum Flavium, is an amalgamation of the two emperor's names. Today, apart from being a significant tourist attraction, the site holds a ceremonial role on Good Friday when the Pope leads a procession from the Colosseum.
Another famous Roman structure that has been very well preserved is the Pantheon, which literally means, 'to every god'. The current structure was built by Emperor Hadrian in 126 CE. Even today, the domed roof remains the world's largest unreinforced concrete dome.
A tour around the Roman Forum is a good idea, as it can be difficult to imagine the layout of the ancient city without the assistance of an experienced guide.
Rome Airport (FCO)
Flights from Australia to Rome will disembark at Rome Airport Fiumicino.
Rome Airport Fiumicino (FCO) is Rome's international airport and the largest airport in Italy. The airport is also known as Leonardo da Vinci airport of Rome, after the iconic Italian artist and inventor.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Rome Airport Fiumicino. Book your Rome Airport accommodation.
Getting to Rome
There are many airlines that offer flights to Rome from Australia that involve a stopover in a third destination. Flights from Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne via Dubai take between 23 and 25 hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Perth via Dubai take around 20 hours.
Airlines that fly to Rome
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Rome from Australia include: