Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website).
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Bookings made online will incur a booking fee of $19.95 per booking for Domestic/Trans-Tasman bookings and $28 per person for International bookings. Merchant fees (e.g. credit card surcharge) also apply to International bookings made online.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Holiday Inn Fisherman's Wharf, San FranciscoSan Francisco
Positioned in the city's most popular neighbourhood, guests can visit the fabulous Fisherman Wharf's waterfront, or walk to Pier 39 and the Ghirardelli Square. Hotel offers wonderful amenities, including a Fitness Center, 24-hour business centre, heated outdoor pool, on-site restaurant and lounge, Bristol Bar and Grill, along with free Wi-Fi access.
Travel Dates: 14 October - 30 November 2015.
Hilton San Francisco Union SquareSan Francisco
Located just off Union Square and the Cable Cars in the heart of the citys restaurant, theatre, and shopping districts. You can enjoy the world-famous sites of Union Square, Golden Gate Park and the world-famous Chinatown.
Travel Dates: 14 October - 30 November 2015.
San Francisco's cable cars have been running up and down the city's hilly streets since 1873, and have remained operating out of nostalgia. Take the trolley to the Castro District, a vibrant area home to a large gay and lesbian community as well as an assortment of shops, restaurants, pubs and a grand old movie palace.
While you're in town, visit the infamous Alcatraz and experience this world-famous prison in person. Al Capone and George 'Machine Gun' Kelly were amongst just some of the notorious criminals to spend time here. Another attraction worth visiting is The Presido, a fortified base in the national park that once housed soldiers from Spain and Mexico before becoming a US military base. You won't find a more rural area in the entire city thanks to an abundance of eucalyptus trees and vast green lawns.
Other city icons worth visiting include the pastel coloured three story houses known as the 'Painted Ladies' of Alamo Square. These houses were once the nerve centre of 1967's 'Summer of Love'. Since then the neighbourhood has become more commercial but is still worth a stroll for its history and exceptional architecture. That and you won't find a more picturesque architectural location with the city as a backdrop.
San Francisco Airport (SFO)
Flights from Australia to San Francisco will disembark at San Francisco International Airport.
San Francisco International Airport (SFO) is situated south of the city. The airport opened in 1927 and was awarded Best International Airport in 2008 by Skytrax.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to San Francisco International Airport. Book your San Francisco Airport accommodation.
Getting to San Francisco
There are many airlines that offer flights to San Francisco from Australia. Direct flights from Sydney take around 13 hours and 30 minutes. Flights from Melbourne via Auckland or Los Angeles take between 19 and 24 hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Perth via Sydney take between 19 and 20 hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Brisbane via Honolulu or Los Angeles take between 19 and 22 hours depending on the stopover.
Airlines that fly to San Francisco
Airlines that offer cheap flights to San Francisco from Australia include:
For more on San Francisco holidays check out our San Francisco travel guide or view our range of San Francisco holiday packages that include flights, accommodation and often other extras like tours or car hire.