Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website).
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Bookings made online will incur a booking fee of $19.95 per booking for Domestic/Trans-Tasman/South West Pacific and Indonesia bookings and $39 per person for International bookings. Merchant fees (e.g. credit card surcharge) also apply to International bookings made online.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Shanghai is located on the East China Sea and was once a seaport teeming with traders and colonial ships. Now, you can see the cityscape of electric lights and skyscrapers protruding into the air.
For those who enjoy delving into traditional experiences, don't miss the historical Huxinting Teahouse. During the Ming period, this iconic teahouse was constructed on a majestic lake overlooking tranquil grounds. Since then a range of guests, including Queen Elizabeth II, have visited Huxinting Teahouse to taste the pure and delicate tea. Enjoy a peaceful afternoon of tea amongst magnificent surroundings including the traditional architecture of the pavilion and the Yu garden.
For more peace, take a break from the dense city crowds and find solace at the Yuyuan Garden. Established by a wealthy family during the Ming Dynasty period, visitors to the iconic garden are free to wander the bazaars and admire the beautifully manicured gardens featuring a range of flowers and pools that are home to fish. An afternoon in the gardens is an ideal way to revive before another Shanghai adventure.
Shanghai Airport (PVG)
Flights from Australia to Shanghai will disembark at Shanghai Pudong International Airport.
Shanghai Pudong International Airport (PVG) is Shanghai's primary international airport and a major hub for travel to China. Spanning 40 square kilometres, Shanghai Pudong International is open 24 hours a day and is also a main hub for China Eastern Airlines.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Shanghai Pudong International Airport. Book your Shanghai Airport accommodation.
Getting to Shanghai
There are many airlines that offer flights to Shanghai from Australia. Direct flights from Sydney and Melbourne take around 11 hours. Flights from Brisbane via Hong Kong, Singapore, Guangzhou or Sydney take between 12 and 15 hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Perth via Hong Kong, Singapore, Guangzhou take between 11 and 13 hours depending on the stopover.
Airlines that fly to Shanghai
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Shanghai from Australia include:
For more information on Shanghai holidays check out our Shanghai travel guide.
For flights to Shanghai from Adelaide, give our experienced travel consultants a call.