Darwin to Sydney Flights
Terms & Conditions
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes and surcharges specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a code share partner of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge (see booking terms and conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Flying time from Darwin to Sydney: 4 hours 10 minutes approximately
Distance from CBD: 9km
Taxi: Around $36 to CBD
Public Transport: Trains, shuttle buses and public buses service both terminals.
Currency: Australian Dollar
Get a feel for Sydney's unique past by strolling around the cobbled laneways and historic shop fronts of The Rocks, which is where the first Europeans set up camp. Experience Victorian working class life at the Susannah Place Museum or soak up the atmosphere in Sydney's oldest pubs like the Hero of Waterloo.
For a more frivolous take on history, head to Palm Beach where the TV soap opera Home and Away has been filmed for the past 25 years. TV buffs will delight at seeing locations like the Summer Bay Surf Lifesaving Shop and the Pier Diner/Bait Shop, and you might even catch the crew filming a few scenes. Palm Beach is one of Sydney's most beautiful and exclusive beaches, and well worth a day trip even if you don't watch the TV show. Stop in at Bow Wow to shop for designer fashion, fabrics and vintage lamps.
If you're keen to learn more, consider taking a ghost tour, pub tour or historic walking tour in The Rocks, or a Home and Away sightseeing tour of Palm Beach.
Sydney Airport (SYD)
For helpful information about getting to and from the airport, check-in information and more have a look at our Sydney Airport Guide.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located within close proximity to Sydney Airport. Book your Sydney Airport Accommodation.
Airlines that fly to Sydney
Australia's most visited city is also not surprisingly home to the country's busiest airport. The domestic airlines that fly into Sydney Airport are listed below.
For more information on airlines that offer flights to Sydney, see our domestic airline page.
You might also be interested in our international airline guide.