Kakadu, Katherine & Litchfield Adventure, 4 Days - SAVE $190
Deal Number 4617539
Just go. Make your dream holiday your next holiday with easy Interest Free repayments over the next 9 months on packages over $999. For full product information please see our interest free page.
Duration 4 days
Destination Northern Territory
Availability Valid for select departures 1 April - 31 October 2017
- 4 day tour departing Darwin
- 3 nights accommodation in permanent tents with furnishings (with shared facilities)
- 3 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 3 dinners
- Included Activities: To Didj Cultural Experience
- Services of an experienced guide
- Transport by private all-terrain vehicle
- WAS $1265*, NOW $1075*, SAVE $190*
- Valid for select departures 1 April - 31 October 2017
Visit Northern Territory
Darwin - Litchfield - Mary River - Kakadu National Park - Kakadu - Katherine - Katherine Gorge
Day 1 Darwin to Litchfield to Mary River.
Leaving Darwin, we journey south to the beautiful Litchfield National Park where we visit waterfalls that flow all year round. Litchfield National Park is well deserving of all its hype and the perfect place to soak up the tranquility of the tropics. We explore Florence Falls, Wangi Falls and Buley Rockholes. Enjoy a picnic lunch, stroll through steamy rainforests and cool off with a dip in one of Litchfield's picture perfect swimming holes. We finish the day in the spectacular Mary River Wetlands where the exotic birds are not the only wildlife to see. Keep a watch for lurking crocodiles on an afternoon wildlife cruise. Enjoy an outback Aussie pub meal before climbing into your bed for a well-earned rest at our Mary River region camping spot.
Day 2 Kakadu National Park.
Today we head to Kakadu National Park where we discover ancient Aboriginal rock art at Ubirr. Here you guide will lead an interpretive cultural walk through the different rock art galleries before we climb to the top of a rocky lookout for fabulous views over the Nardab floodplain. Next we head to Maguk (Barramundi Gorge) where a hike is rewarded with a reviving swim in the in the beautiful clear plunge pools. Tonight we relax poolside and enjoy a group dinner at the Bistro at our Jabiru campground.
Day 3 Kakadu to Katherine.
This morning you have the option of a scenic flight over Kakadu (price from $150 pp) the sheer size of Kakadu means the only way to truly appreciate it is from the sky. The flight takes in views over the stunning Arnhem Land escarpment, vast flood plains and billabongs and gives you a true sense of the amazing diversity of the Kakadu ecosystems. We then spend time exploring Kakadu's other major Aboriginal rock art site Nourlangie or Burrungi as it is known to its local traditional owners. Here your guide will give you a snapshot of how the local Aboriginal people have lived in an area with 20 000 years of documented occupation which is reflected in some of the rock art. After lunch we head south stopping to visit the historic gold-mining centre of Pine Creek before travelling further on for a quick stop and swim at Edith Falls before continuing on to Katherine and settling in for the night at our private campsite on the doorstep of Nitmuluk National Park. Fall asleep listening to the chatter of the outback night.
Day 4 Katherine Gorge to Darwin.
Depending on the season, this morning we'll embark on a cruise along the inky waters of Katherine Gorge or take the chance to head out by canoe between red rock walls up to 70 m high (both activities are optional at own expense). Formed by the Katherine River flowing from Arnhem Land to the Timor Sea, this 23 million-year-old natural marvel is one of the Top End's true wonders. After lunch we experience a truly authentic indigenous cultural experience. This interpretive display will not only teach you about local indigenous culture but will also provide hands on experiences including fire making, boomerang and spear throwing and the chance to try painting your own indigenous artwork to take home as a unique souvenir. We then hit the open road and head back to Darwin to enjoy a night on the town toasting your adventure with new friends.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 7 April 2017 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Intrepid Original Style Tour.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
Contact an Expert to find out more about this tour and other amazing tours!
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
We won't be beaten on price
Our Lowest Airfare Guarantee ensures you always get the best deal which means you save money.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With over 700 stores in Australia, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.