Duration 3 days
Destination Northern Territory
Availability Valid for select departures 1 April - 31 October 2017
- 3 day tour departing departing Darwin
- 2 nights accommodation in permanent, furnished tented camp (with shared facilities)
- 2 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
- Activities: Litchfield National Park, Mary River cruise, Kakadu National Park Fee, Maguk (Barramundi Gorge) or Gunlom Falls, Ubirr Rock, Bowali Visitor Centre
- Services of an experienced guide
- Transport by all-terrain vehicle
- WAS $845*, NOW $718*, SAVE $127*
- Valid for select departures 1 April - 31 October 2017
Visit Northern Territory
Darwin - Mary River - Kakadu National Park - Ubirr - Barramundi Gorge - Kakadu
Day 1 Darwin to Mary River.
Flush with waterfalls, swimming holes and some pretty gigantic termite mounds, Litchfield National Park encapsulates all that's wonderful about the Top End. We'll start off here checking out Florence Falls and the Buley Rockholes, then break for a picnic before travelling on to Wangi Falls for a final swim and leisurely stroll through monsoon forest. Leaving Litchfield, it's on and into Mary River National Park. The species of saltwater crocodile found in Australia are the biggest in the world, and the Mary River wetlands are absolutely full of them. See how many you can spot on an afternoon river cruise. All tents are twin-share and come with a proper bed.
Day 2 Kakadu National Park to Ubirr to Barramundi Gorge.
In giving Kakadu National Park World Heritage-listing, UNESCO described it as a 'living cultural landscape with exceptional natural and cultural values'. Indigenous people have lived here for more than 50,000 years, to which the ancient rock paintings of Ubirr can attest. Your guide will explain the significance of these artworks during an interpretative cultural walk that finishes on a rocky escarpment overlooking the Nardab floodplain. In the afternoon we head to Maguk (Barramundi Gorge) or Gunlom Falls (seasonal choice). Swimming spots don't get a whole lot more inviting than either of these spectacular sites.
Day 3 Kakadu to Darwin.
Given that Kakadu covers approximately the same amount of land as Slovenia, the sky's a pretty good place to see it all from. This morning you'll have the option of taking a scenic flight over the billabongs, bushlands and floodplains that make up this ruggedly beautiful region. After a stop in at the Bowali visitors centre we break for lunch before starting our journey back to Darwin.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 7 April 2017 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Intrepid Original Style Tour.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
Contact an Expert to find out more about this tour and other amazing tours!
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
We won't be beaten on price
Our Lowest Airfare Guarantee ensures you always get the best deal which means you save money.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With over 700 stores in Australia, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.