Kakadu Top End Adventure, 5 Days - SAVE $180
Deal Number 4617540
Just go. Make your dream holiday your next holiday with easy Interest Free repayments over the next 9 months on packages over $999. For full product information please see our interest free page.
Duration 5 days
Destination Northern Territory
Availability Valid for select departures 1 April - 31 October 2017
- 5 day tour departing Darwin
- 4 nights camping (with shared facilities)
- 4 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
- Included Activities: Wildlife cruise, Pudakul Aboriginal cultural experience
- National park entrance fees Services of an experienced guide
- Transport by private all-terrain vehicle
- WAS $1195*, NOW $1015*, SAVE $180*
- Valid for select departures 1 April - 31 October 2017
Visit Northern Territory
Darwin - Kakadu - Katherine Gorge - Litchfield
Day 1 Darwin to Kakadu.
Leaving Darwin, we travel into Wulna Country and receive a Cul Cul or unique 'Welcome to Country' by the traditional owners of the land, the Limilngan -Wulna people. They'll share with us their local Aboriginal culture with bush tucker talks, didgeridoo demonstrations, basket weaving and spear throwing^. Next stop is the Mary River wetlands system, with the highest concentration of saltwater crocodiles in the southern hemisphere. Get close (but not too close) to 'salties' and other wild creatures on a unique billabong cruise. We arrive at history rich Ubirr in time for sunset. You will see vivid Aboriginal rock art that dates back over 20,000 years. Then we head to our overnight camp in Kakadu. (LD)
Day 2 Kakadu.
It's an early start this morning as we travel to Twin Falls, getting in some 4WD action along the way. The spectacular gorge is experienced onboard a National Park operated boat cruise and a walk along the boardwalk. Unwind and relax for a bit on the sandy banks before we head to explore Jim Jim Falls. (Twin and Jim Jim Falls not available year round; subject to seasonal availability. First we have a quick lunch break and then take in the views of this 200m natural wonder before taking the challenging walk to the base where you can choose to swim or relax on the beautiful beach. This is really a site to admire and not rush so we spend the whole afternoon enjoying the spectacular scenery and waterholes before making the short drive to our overnight bush camp.
Day 3 Kakadu to Katherine Gorge.
Depending on which way the wind blows and which way the water flows, we head to either Maguk (Barramundi Gorge) or Gunlom Falls and cool off with a dip in the plunge pools. The perfect way to revitalize you inside and out, these spectacular waterfalls will leave you breathless. Visit the historic gold-mining centre of Pine Creek before heading further south and settling in for the night at our private campsite on the doorstep of Nitmuluk National Park.
Day 4 Katherine Gorge.
We spend the morning at the majestic Katherine Gorge in Nitmiluk National Park. Relax and enjoy the serenity. Want to see more? Take a cruise along the gorge or rent a canoe and paddle yourself downstream. These options are seasonal and at your own expense. Next we head off to Edith Falls where you can cool down with another refreshing swim. Settle down for the night in a comfortable camp with your group.
Day 5 Litchfield to Darwin.
Filled with waterholes and waterfalls, Litchfield National Park is well deserving of all its hype and the perfect place to soak up the tranquility of the tropics. Exploring Litchfield is the perfect way to complete this tour, visiting Florence Falls, Wangi Falls and the Buley Rockholes. Enjoy a picnic lunch, stroll through steamy rainforests and cool off with a dip in one of Litchfield's picture perfect swimming holes. As with all good things, this Top End tour must come to an end. Hit the road and head back to Darwin to enjoy an optional night on the town toasting your adventure with new friends.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 7 April 2017 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Intrepid Basix Style Tour.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
Contact an Expert to find out more about this tour and other amazing tours!
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
We won't be beaten on price
Our Lowest Airfare Guarantee ensures you always get the best deal which means you save money.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With over 700 stores in Australia, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.