Duration 11 days
Company Insight Vacations
Availability From 16/10/2014 to 26/10/2014
- INCLUDED FIRST CLASS SERVICES
- Escorted by one of Insight's expert Tour Directors
- Your 'travelling concierge', expert guide, consummate facilitator and friend in a foreign land who ensures your journey is as enjoyable as possible
- Baggage handling everywhere on tour, with seamless and prompt delivery to your door at every hotel
- Hotel and restaurant tips included you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for coins or banknotes
- Free Wi-Fi in most hotel rooms or lobbies
- Personal radio headsets to give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights without missing any of your local expert's fascinating insights and commentary
- Insight Flourishes from time to time your Tour Director will enchant you with local tidbits, each representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination
- Enjoy the unique comfort of Insight's Luxury air-conditioned 40 seat coach with extended leg room and on-board restroom
- Complimentary on-board wi-fi where possible
- Arrival & departure transfers between the airport and your Insight tour hotel
- INCLUDED QUALITY DINING
- A Welcome Reception with drinks and Welcome Dinner (WD)
- 10 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 1 Highlight Dinner (HD), 1 Celebration Dinner (CD) and 6 special-menu Dinners, or Buffets, plus tea or coffee (D)
- From 16/10/2014 to 26/10/2014
Welcome to Turkey
Welcome to a land rich in archaeological sites, historic monuments and an enormous variety of spectacular scenery. On arrival at Istanbul Airport, you will be met and transferred to your hotel. Tonight, join your Tour Director for a Welcome Reception, and get to know each other over a pleasant evening of dinner and wine.(Welcome Reception / Welcome Dinner)
Istanbul & the Ottoman Empire
Visit the Blue Mosque with its beautiful tiles and the Hippodrome where Roman chariot races were held. On to Topkapi Palace, a walled city perched above the Bosphorus and the Golden Horn. Move on to the Grand Bazaar. Your guide will give you a full explanation of the time honoured ritual of bargaining! Finally, embark on a cruise along the Bosphorus Waterway. Travelling towards the old city from close to the Black Sea, the scenery complements the grandeur of the Ottoman palaces, old mansions and fortresses.(Buffet Breakfast)
Gallipoli, the Anzacs & Çanakkale
Visit Hagia Sophia, now a magnificent museum before driving along the shores of the Sea of Marmara to the peninsula of Gelibolu, better known in the west as Gallipoli. Here are the battlefields where, for nine disastrous months during the Great War, Anzac troops fought unsuccessfully to gain control of the strategic Dardanelle Straits. Visit Anzac Cove and Lone Pine Cemetery. From Eceabat, a 30-minute sea crossing to Çanakkale takes you from one continent to another as you leave Europe for Asia.(Buffet Breakfast / Special-menu Dinners or Buffet)
Troy, Pergamon & the Port of Izmir
Drive to Homer’s legendary city of Troy, where archeological excavation has established nine levels of habitation, including the great city captured in 1200BC by means of the renowned Trojan Horse. A huge replica of this stands beside the city’s ancient walls. Continue to Pergamon, the seat of an ancient kingdom. Visit the Asklepion, one of the most famous shrines and therapeutic centres in the ancient world. Carry on to the cosmopolitan coastal city of Izmir, sited overlooking an inlet of the Aegean.(Buffet Breakfast / Special-menu Dinners or Buffet)
Ancient Ephesus & Kusadasi
En route to Ephesus, visit the archeological museum at Selcuk where many of the excavated artefacts of Ephesus are displayed, and visit the House of the Virgin Mary, spectacularly situated above the Ephesus ruins. Finally, tour Ephesus itself, one of the world’s finest archeological sites. Visit the colonnaded Arcadian Way, the splendid façade of the Library of Celsus and see the huge Amphitheatre. Head to the lively coastal town of Kusadasi where you can take advantage of your hotel’s indoor pool, Turkish bath and fitness centre.(Buffet Breakfast / Special-menu Dinners or Buffet)
The Pools of Pamukkale & Ruins of Hierapolis
Follow the Maeander River valley, (so full of twists and turns gives us the word ‘meander’) to Pamukkale, famous for its dazzling chalk-white array of fantastically shaped limestone terraces. Visit the ruins of ancient Hiera polis and the fairyland terraces and see the glistening pools and cascades in scallop-shell basins. The rest of the day is yours to relax and enjoy your hotel thermal pools.(Buffet Breakfast / Special-menu Dinners or Buffet)
Konya, the Whirling Dervishes & Cappadocia
Head to Konya, the old capital of the Anatolian Seljuk Empire and home to the mystic Whirling Dervish sect. Visit the Mevlana Tekke, a museum and national monument, with its beautiful fluted turquoise dome. See the Karatay Medrese and Ince Minaret before driving across fertile plains to Avanos in the heart of Cappadocia.(Buffet Breakfast / Special-menu Dinners or Buffet)
Exploring the Underground Cities of Cappadocia
In the morning, enjoy an excursion to Göreme, a region of volcanic landscapes and rock-hewn churches decorated with ancient wall paintings, some of which you can see in the open-air museum. Continue to the Pasabag Valley where the scenery is dotted with mushroom shaped ‘fairy-chimneys’ and troglodyte dwellings. Tour the underground city Kaymakli, and see the cone of Uchisar. Enjoy dinner at the hotel followed by a colourful folklore show in an underground cave, featuring dances from different regions.(Buffet Breakfast / Highlight Dinner)
The Modern Day Capital of Ankara
Visit one of the best-preserved Seljuk caravans era is in Anatolia. Continue on to Ankara to visit the Hittite Museum and Anit Kabir, the mausoleum of Ataturk, Turkey’s greatest modern leader.(Buffet Breakfast / Special-menu Dinners or Buffet)
Take a scenic drive through the countryside to Istanbul. This evening, join a farewell Celebration Dinner at a colourful local restaurant!(Buffet Breakfast / Celebration Dinner)
After breakfast, transfer to the airport.(Buffet Breakfast)
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
Istanbul: Visit the Hippodrome and a complete guide on how to haggle in the Grand Bazaar!
Troy: View the huge reconstructed Trojan Horse.
Konya: See the Karatay Medrese and Ince Minaret.
Anatolia: Visit a well preserved Caravanserai.
PREMIUM HOTELS AND LOCATIONS
Located in the centre of Istanbul, the award winning Conrad hails from the 'luxury brand of the Hilton family'
Admire Izmir Bay views from the Hilton Izmir hotel and walk to all the restaurants and shops from the Ankara Hilton. The rooms, service and amenities are impeccable for all three hotels.
SIGNATURE EXPERIENCES AND DINING
Istanbul: Visit the Blue Mosque and St Sophia museum.
Istanbul: Gain an insight into the lives of the Ottoman sultans at the fabulous Topkapi Palace.
Bosphorus: Enjoy a relaxing cruise past Ottoman palaces, old mansions and fortresses.
Gallipoli: Pay your respects at Anzac Cove & Lone Pine Cemetery.
Pergamon: Visit the site of the ancient Hellenistic city, with some of the most impressive ruins in all of Turkey.
Ephesus: Tour one of the world's finest ancient sites, visit the House of the Virgin Mary and Archeological Museum.
Pamukkale: Visit Hierapolis ruins and cascading 'Cotton Castle' of milky white travertine pools.
Konya: Visit the beautiful Mevlana Museum for an insight into the mystic Whirling Dirvishes.
Goreme: Explore underground cities, rock-cut churches and fairy-tale chimneys and the Pasabag Valley.
Ankara: Discover the mysterious Hittite civilization and visit the mausoleums of Ataturk and Haci Bektas.
Cappadocia: Celebrate the music, dance and colourful tradition of the Turkish people at a folklore show in an underground cave.
Istanbul: Toast the culmination of your tour with a lively Celebration Dinner at a local restaurant.
Departure dates and Pricing
|Departure Date||Return Date||Availability||Price||Enquire|
|Thu 16th October, 201416/10/2014||Sun 26th October, 201426/10/2014||On Request|
Per person from$2199*
Terms and conditions
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 29 October 2014 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability.
- Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure.
- Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply.
- Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price.
- Prices are correct as at 15 October 2014 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases.
- Please enquire for further details.
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
Contact an Expert to find out more about this tour and other amazing tours!
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
We won't be beaten on price
Our Lowest Airfare Guarantee ensures you always get the best deal which means you save money.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With over 700 stores in Australia, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.