Burj Khalifa’s Observation Deck Named Best Attraction In 2015
The Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building, has been named the world’s best attraction of 2015 for allowing visitors to take a walk in the clouds.
The towering landmark in Dubai took the top honour at the 2015 AttractionTix Worldwide Attraction Awards, a small competition that garnered 13,500 votes for its list of finalists. Winners were determined by a combination of public votes and a panel of judges including travel bloggers.
The building’s At the Top attraction, which opened in 2014, whisks visitors to the 148th level, the highest outdoor observatory in the world at 555 metres.
To gain access, visitors first ascend the building in a high-speed elevator that travels at 10 metres per second, disembark on the 124th floor, and transfer to the 125th level, where they can get a virtual tour of prominent landmarks with an attraction dubbed ‘A Falcon’s Eye View’.
The observation deck also offers visitors a 360-degree view of the city.
Next, visitors are escorted to a dedicated elevator that takes them to the 148th floor and the world’s highest outdoor observation deck, where they can touch the clouds.
Overall, the Burj Khalifa stands 828 metres tall.
Other big winners in the 2015 AttractionTix Worldwide Attraction Awards include the Eiffel Tower, named the most romantic attraction in the world, and the Empire State Building, which took the title of best observation deck.
Here is a selection of winners:
- Best attraction in the world 2015: At the Top, Burj Khalifa, Dubai
- Highly Commended: Universal’s Islands of Adventure, Orlando, Florida
- Best attraction in the UK: Coca-Cola London Eye, England
- Best attraction in London: The View From the Shard, London, England
- Most romantic attraction: The Eiffel Tower, Paris
- Best theme park ride 2015: Shambhala, PortAventura, Spain
- Best waterpark ride: Flood River, Wild Wadi Waterpark, Dubai
- Best observation deck: Empire State Building, New York
- Best animal encounter: Serengeti Safari, Busch Gardens Tampa, Florida
Visit your local Flight Centre store or call 131 600 for more advice and the latest deals on travelling to Dubai.
Copyright AFP Relaxnews, 2016.
This article was from AFP Relax News and was legally licensed through the NewsCred publisher network.