Northern Explorer Rail & Drive Package, 6 Nights
Deal Number 4836505
Just go. Make your dream holiday your next holiday with easy Interest Free repayments over the next 9 months on packages over $999. For full product information please see our interest free page.
Destination Auckland, New Zealand
Travel Dates Selected travel dates 8 February - 24 February 2018
- 2 nights accommodation at the 4.5-star VR Queen Street Hotel And Suites in a Deluxe King Suite.
- 2 nights accommodation at the 4-star Novotel Wellington in a Superior Room.
- 2 nights accommodation at the 5-star Hilton Lake Taupo in a Hilton Guest Room.
- One-way seat in coach transfer from Auckland Airport to Auckland Hotel.
- One-way rail journey onboard the Northern Explorer from Auckland to Wellington.
- Taste of Waiheke Tour, Auckland.
- Maori Highlights Tour.
- Summer Cocktail Hour Scenic Cruise, Taupo.
- 3 day car hire of a Toyota Yaris or similar with Avis (pick up Wellington Downtown & drop off Auckland Airport).
- Selected travel dates 8 February - 24 February 2018
Itinerary: Auckland - Wellington - Taupo - Auckland
Start your journey in the city of Auckland, here you will find world class shopping, restaurants, bars and galleries, the city is encircled by wine regions, stunning beaches, pristine rainforest and the magnificent Hauraki Gulf so there is plenty for you to explore during your stay.
During your stay enjoy a Taste of Waiheke Tour, on arrival at the island you will be greeted by your tour driver and taken first to Stonyridge Vineayrd for a tour and tastings plus a scrumptious light lunch. You will then depart for the award winning Rangihoua Estate for some olive tasting, followed by a stop at Wild on Waiheke or Casita Miro (depending on departure date). The tour concludes with tastings at the beautiful Mudbrick Vineyard whilst enjoying stunning views over the Hauraki Gulf. On conclusion of the tour, take advantage of the complimentary All Day Bus Pass allowing you to discover the island further on scheduled public bus services.
On day 3 board step aboard the Northern Explorer and experience the extremes of New Zealand's scenery, from the fertile farmlands of Waikato to the volcanic peaks of the Central Plateau and the sparkling Kapiti coast, arrive in Wellington early evening and check-in to your accommodation.
New Zealands capital Wellington, nestled between a sparkling harbour and rolling green hills, it is renowned for its arts, heritage, culture and native beauty. Wellington is also know for its sophisticated food scene including more than 300 cafes, bars and restaurants.
Visit the Te Papa Museum and take an in-depth journey to discover Te Papas taonga (Maori cultural treasures) and hear their stories for insights into Maori culture. From historic, artistic, and contemporary perspectives, this tour will enrich your understanding of what makes New Zealands Maori culture unique.
On day 5 collect your hire car from Wellington downtown and continue your journey to Taupo, the town sitting on the edge of Australasia's largest lake is a great base to experience all the local attractions. Whilst here take a 1.5 hours scenic catamaran cruise on th lake, enjoy all the comforts as you cruise to the Maori Rock Carvings. A full commentary is given on the volcanic history and Maori mythology surrounding Lake Taupo. Take in the fabulous views of secluded bays and the spectacular mountain peaks of the World Heritage Tongariro National Park. This scenic cruise is the smoothest, fastest and most comfortable way to see the Maori Rock Carvings and all the fabulous sites.
On day 7 check out of your hotel at leisure and continue to Auckland, once here return your hire vehice to Auckland Airport where your journey concludes.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 13 October 2017 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice; Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
Call 133 133 or email an Airfare Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
We won't be beaten on price
Our Lowest Airfare Guarantee ensures you always get the best deal which means you save money.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With over 700 stores in Australia, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.