Journey Through the Clouds Explorer with Pre Cruise, 16 Days
Deal Number 5110206
Just go. Make your dream holiday your next holiday with easy Interest Free repayments over the next 9 months on packages over $999. For full product information please see our interest free page.
Travel Dates Only on 12 September 2018
- 2 days onboard Rocky Mountaineer in GoldLeaf Service.
- 7 night Glacier Bay Inside Passage Cruise.
- 8 nights hotel accommodation.
- 9 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 7 dinners.
- Calgary Tower.
- Calgary to Lake Louise Tour including Banff Gondola.
- Panoramic Helicopter Flightseeing.
- Yoho Park Tour, Lake Louise to Banff.
- Icefields Parkway Tour, including Ice Explorer, Banff to Jasper.
- Jasper Highlights Tour.
- Vancouver Lookout.
- North Shore Tour with Capilano Suspension Bridge and Grouse Mountain.
- Rail Station transfers in Vancouver, Kamloops and Jasper.
- Hotel-cruise terminal transfers in Vancouver.
- Luggage handling & National Parks Pass
- Only on 12 September 2018
Cruise the magnificent coast from Vancouver to Alaska on the ms Volendam before your journey by rail. Includes North Shore tour, Icefields Parkway Tour including Ice Explorer and Yoho Park Tour.
Day 1 Vancouver
Begin your journey at the Vancouver cruise terminal where you board your ship. Overnight on Holland America's ms Volendam.
Day 2 Cruise the Inside Passage
Enjoy sailing through the dramatic Inside Passage. Overnight on Holland America's ms Volendam.
Day 3 Port of Call Juneau, Alaska
Located at the foot of grand mountain peaks on the Gastineau Channel, the town of Juneau has the massive Mendenhall Glacier and the immense Juneau Icefields at its back door. Juneau is the place to let your imagination run wild. Explore the lush Tongass National Forest, visit the rustic shops in town, set out and whale watch, flightsee, hike, kayak, raft or fish. Due to the long daylight hours, there's plenty of time for your perfect Juneau adventure. Overnight on Holland America's ms Volendam.
Day 4 Port of Call Skagway
Take your time and poke into every little store from the Trail Bench to Lynch & Kennedy's Dry Goods. The Red Onion Saloon, with its honky tonk piano and costumed barmaids, is a treasure trove of memorabilia featuring pictures of Klondike Kate, Peahull Annie and other vintage characters. To complete the picture of those rip-roaring days, visit the nostalgic Trail of '98 Museum. The Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park boasts restored buildings and wooden boardwalks that invite you to take a stroll into the past. Overnight on Holland America's ms Volendam.
Day 5 Glacier Bay Scenic Cruise
As Biosphere Reserve and UNESCO World Heritage Site, Glacier Bay National Park protects a unique ecosystem of plants and animals living in concert with an ever-changing glacial landscape. Bring out the camera and listen for the thunderous sound of a monumental chunk of ice that has split from a glacier as it crashes into the sea. The impact shoots water hundreds of feet into the air. Glacier Bay has more actively calving tidewater glaciers than anyplace else in the world. Overnight on Holland America's ms Volendam.
Day 6 Port of Call Ketchikan, Alaska
Built out over the water and climbing weathered stairways, Ketchikan clings to the shores of Tongass Narrows and drapes the mountains with a cheerful air. Take time to explore Creek Street, the Tongass Historical Museum, Totem Bight State Park and Saxman Village, Ketchikan's main attractions. Deep water fjords created by retreating glaciers has left behind stunning granite cliffs towering thousands of feet above the sea and countless waterfalls cascading into placid waters. Overnight on Holland America's ms Volendam.
Day 7 Cruise the Inside Passage
Enjoy sailing through the dramatic Inside Passage. Overnight on Holland America's ms Volendam.
Day 8 Disembark in Vancouver/Free Day in Vancouver
After breakfast you will disembark the ms Volendam in Vancouver and spend time exploring this scenic city on your own. Overnight in Vancouver. Take full advantage of a free day at leisure in Vancouver, and check out Vancouver's must-see attractions like the Vancouver Aquarium (admission not included), Stanley Park, or Granville Island, explore the city's museums, art galleries, gardens, and varied neighbourhoods, or take a day trip to discover the nearby resort town of Whistler or British Columbia's charming capital on Vancouver Island, Victoria. Overnight in Vancouver.
Day 9 North Shore Sightseeing Tour
Enjoy a six-hour sightseeing tour of Vancouver's spectacular North Shore. Travel across the Lions Gate Bridge and into the Coast Mountains. Experience the Capilano Suspension Bridge and Treetops Adventure, discovering the coastal temperate rainforest and British Columbia's First Nations heritage. Next, visit Grouse Mountain (gondola admission included), the Peak of Vancouver, and take in breathtaking views of the city, ocean, and surrounding mountains. Overnight in Vancouver.
Day 10 Vancouver to Kamloops
Travel onboard Rocky Mountaineer from the coastal city of Vancouver to Kamloops. You will see dramatic changes in scenery, from the lush green fields of the Fraser Valley, through forests and winding river canyons surrounded by the peaks of the Coast and Cascade Mountains, to the desert-like environment of the BC Interior. Highlights include the rushing waters of Hell's Gate in the Fraser Canyon and the steep slopes and rock sheds along the Thompson River. Overnight in Kamloops.
Day 11 Kamloops to Jasper
Your rail adventure continues north and east to the mighty Canadian Rockies and the province of Alberta. Highlights include Mount Robson, the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies, Pyramid Falls, and the climb over the Yellowhead Pass into Jasper National Park.
Day 12 Experience Jasper Highlights
Jasper National Park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the Canadian Rockies' largest national park. Enjoy a scenic half-day tour of some of the park's natural attractions and rugged peaks. The remainder of the day is free to explore Jasper on your own. Overnight in Jasper.
Day 13 Icefields Parkway Tour including Ice Explorer Jasper to Banff
Travel to Banff via one of the most scenic highways in the world, the Icefields Parkway. A stop will be made at Athabasca Falls before arriving at the Columbia Icefield. Here you will ride on an Ice Explorer to the middle of the Athabasca Glacier to learn more about is geological features. Your driver/guide will explain how glaciers are formed and point out some interesting geological features. Time will be available for lunch (not included). Afterward, a brief stop will be made at Bow Lake before arriving at Banff via Lake Louise late this afternoon. Overnight in Banff.
Day 14 Experience Yoho Park Tour, Banff to Lake Louise
A half-day tour takes you into Yoho National Park to view some of its natural wonders, including the Spiral Tunnels, Emerald Lake, and a natural rock bridge that spans the Kicking Horse River. The tour ends in Lake Louise where the remainder of the afternoon is at your leisure. Overnight in Lake Louise.
Day 15 Lake Louise to Calgary with Panoramic Helicopter Tour
Enjoy a full-day tour starting with a sightseeing tour of Banff. Highlights include Bow Falls, Lake Minnewanka, Surprise Corner, and the Hoodoos. Admission to the Banff Gondola is included. Continue on to Kananaskis for a Panoramic Helicopter Tour. Your tour ends in Calgary late this afternoon. Overnight in Calgary.
Day 16 Tour End Calgary
Your vacation ends with checkout from your Calgary hotel.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 May 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice; Accommodation (if included) is based on Twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases; Please enquire for further details..
Call 133 133 or email an Airfare Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
We won't be beaten on price
Our Lowest Airfare Guarantee ensures you always get the best deal which means you save money.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With over 700 stores in Australia, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.