Pacific Island Hopper
Deal Number 4745598
Just go. Make your dream holiday your next holiday with easy Interest Free repayments over the next 9 months on packages over $999. For full product information please see our interest free page.
9 night cruise sailing from Auckland aboard the Pacific Jewel.
Duration 9 nights
Sailing From Auckland
Cruise Line P&O South Pacific
Cruise Ship Pacific Jewel
- Inside from: $1300
- Outside from: $1532
- Balcony from: $1749
- Suite from: $2000
9 night cruise sailing from Auckland aboard the Pacific Jewel. Visit Noumea, Lifou Island, Vila, Solomon Islands, Mare and Auckland.
06/08/2018 dep 16:00
09/08/2018 arr 08:00 dep 17:30
10/08/2018 arr 08:00 dep 17:00
11/08/2018 arr 08:00 dep 18:00
12/08/2018 arr 08:00 dep 17:00
Auckland lies between two enormous harbours and is dominated by the peak of the volcanic Rangitoto Island. Enjoy island wine trails, forest walks and urban sophistication.
The Pacific’s most cosmopolitan city is also its most French – and that means delicious cuisine! Our Shore Tours take you to the very best restaurants in town. Treat your tastebuds to authentic French croissants and cheeses while you try to pronounce ‘crêpe’ properly. Allow our expert local guides to lead you to stunning bays, beaches and the world’s largest lagoon. Kayak down pristine rivers, or visit Amedee Island with its crystal-clear waters teeming with brightly coloured fish. C’est magnifique!
Fancy a bath in the ocean? If you don’t mind a little company, Lifou may be for you. The largest coral atoll in this group of islands, its bath-temperature turquoise waters are bursting with marine life. Above water, its diverse landscape of majestic cliffs, tropical forests and white sand beaches are not to miss. Or venture in to meet a Kanak chieftain, whose tribe has inhabited this island idyll for thousands of years. You’ll quickly understand why they never left.
Vanuatu’s shining star, Vila, is the adventure capital of the Pacific. With its strong Melanesian culture and mix of traditional and modern attractions, Vila offers the best of everything from diving to bustling markets filled with local crafts. Have you ever been abseiling? What about down a 50-metre waterfall? Here, adventure-seekers get the once in a lifetime chance to do both, deep within the rainforest at Cascade Waterfall. If something a little tamer tickles your fancy, try a kayak paddle around Mele Bay. You won’t be disappointed.
With its proud Melanesian heritage, friendly French-speaking locals, towering cliffs, and the endless visibility of its crystal waters, Mare has it all. While you’re ashore, try local dishes like fresh lobster, chicken roulettes and giant avocados. Explore the spectacular lagoon or allow us to transfer you to Yejele Beach, which many believe to be the best beach in the Pacific. Your day on Mare will feel like something straight out of a movie.
About Pacific Jewel
ABOUT PACIFIC JEWEL. Discover 11 levels of hidden gems on Pacific Jewel. Dance the night away in The Dome, relax in the Aqua Spa, feast at one of the six restaurants and get a dose of adrenalin at the P&O Edge Adventure Park.
- Food and Drink: Restaurant, Grill, 24-hour Room Service, Cafe, Coffee & Chocolate Bar, Plantation Restaurant, Waterfront Restaurant, La Lunas Restaurant, Connexions Bar, Marquee Bar, Casbah Bar, Balcony Bar, Players Bar & Casino, The Grill (burgers & hot dogs), The Atrium, The Pantry, New Zealand Natural, The Orient Bar,
- Fitness: Gym, Jogging Track, Fitness Center,
- Relaxation: Swimming Pool, Sauna, Spa, Charlies, The Oasis, Hot Tubs, Aqua Spa,
- Other: Photo Gallery, Reception, Medical Centre, Art Gallery, Duty-free shop, Shore Excursion Office, Dome Nightclub, Casino, Edge Activities, Racing Car Simulators, WiFi,
- Technology: Internet Cafe, Internet,
- Passenger Capacity: 1670
- Tonnage: 70310
- Total Crew: 621
- Length: 811
- Launched: 25 May 1989
With a local cruising history of 80 years, P&O Cruises is Australia's most loved cruise line. With eight homeports, including six in Australia, we offer more choice than any other Australian cruise line. For those after a paradise getaway, P&O is the best way to sample the Pacific Islands. Cruise to some of the best ports in Southeast Asia, including Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore and Vietnam.
The adventurous cruiser can immerse themselves in the sounds and cultures of destinations like Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Samoa, New Zealand and more. Or discover Australia's favourite coastal destinations such as Moreton Island, Mooloolaba, Whitsundays and Mornington Peninsula.
Thanks to the newest members, Pacific Eden and Pacific Aria, P&O is now the largest fleet (or should we say family) in Australia. Pacific Eden and Pacific Aria will offer a whole new level of innovation. Our unrivalled experience combined with the perfect sized ships mean we can cruise to destinations no other cruise lines can including Pentecost in Vanuatu, Vava’u in Tonga, Kavieng and Madang in Papua New Guinea, Moreton Island in Australia, Timor-Leste and Norfolk Island.
As the only cruise line in Sydney Harbour on Australia Day, there’s no better place to be than front and centre with us. As for Australia’s greatest sporting event, not only did we pioneer Melbourne Cup cruising, we do it like no one else, with the option to take an exclusive behind-the-scenes Shore Tour^ of Flemington Racecourse a day before the big race.
Each ship offers incredible and varied dining choices, entertainment from day into night and activities for all tastes and moods, and the largest shore tour program in the region.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 August 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- Rates displayed are P&O Go fares, giving you a great cruise fare without all the bells and whistles when you know exactly when you want to holiday. Please note the Gofare has different deposit and cancellation conditions to other P&O fares. The deposit amount (90% of the cruise fare) is non-refundable and is due within 3 days of booking, when the booking is made 76 days or more before the cruise departure. The final payment is due 75 days prior to the cruise departure. If you have booked on a Go fare 75 days or less prior to the cruise departure, the full cruise fare amount is due within 3 days of booking. Go fare bookings cancelled up until 15 days prior to departure will incur a cancellation fee of 90% of the cruise fare. Go fare bookings cancelled 14 days or less prior to departure will incur a cancellation fee of 100% of the cruise fare. Should you need to change the name of a guest (replace a passenger), a $50 name change fee applies for each change on a Go fare booking. Go fares are not combinable with any other offer unless specifically stated otherwise.
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
From quick getaways to dream holidays
We're the biggest travel agency south of the equator with access to destinations right around the world. Anywhere you want to go, we can take you there.
Book Now Pay Later!
Where ever you want to fly, cruise, tour or stay, you can holiday sooner with our Interest Free Holidays.
Real People, Real Experience, Real Easy
Our Travel Experts love travel as much as you do. Book with us, knowing you're getting the best advice from the best in the business.