10 Night New Guinea Island Encounter Quad Share Cruise
Deal Number 5106772
Just go. Make your dream holiday your next holiday with easy Interest Free repayments over the next 9 months on packages over $999. For full product information please see our interest free page.
Bonus Onboard Credit
Duration 10 nights
Sailing From Brisbane
Cruise Line P&O South Pacific
Cruise Ship Pacific Jewel
- Inside from: $1099
- 10 Night cruise, from Brisbane, onboard the Pacific Jewel in a Inside quad share cabin
- All main meals and entertainment on board
- Port charges and government fees
- Spending Spree Sale from 14 February - 10 April'18
- BONUS Onboard Credit PLUS only pay a $99* Deposit!
- Inside / Oceanview receive $200* Onboard Credit per cabin & Balcony / Suites receive $400* Onboard Credit per cabin
- Please speak to your Travel Consultant as Terms & Conditions apply
10 night cruise sailing from Brisbane aboard the Pacific Jewel. Visit Alotau, Kitava Island, PNG, Rabaul, Kiriwina Island, Conflict Islands, PNG and Brisbane.
28/10/2018 dep 16:00
30/10/2018 arr 08:00 dep 18:00
31/10/2018 arr 08:00 dep 18:00
Kitava, Trobriands, PNG
01/11/2018 arr 08:00 dep 16:00
02/11/2018 arr 08:00 dep 17:00
Kiriwina Island, Papua New Guinea
03/11/2018 arr 09:00 dep 17:00
Conflict Islands, PNG
04/11/2018 arr 08:00 dep 17:00
07/11/2018 arr 06:00
Brisbane offers a cosmopolitan mix of shopping, dining, history, arts, sightseeing and entertainment. Expereience the nearby theme parks or visit Australia Zoo.
Rich in diverse natural beauty and traditional culture, Alotau offers visitors fantastic markets and a colourful harbour area. It’s undoubtedly one of the most laid-back, secure and enjoyable towns in Papua New Guinea. The Alotau Festival and Sing Sing is an alluring display of rich custom and culture, with intricately adorned canoes, warriors in traditional dress, powerful music, dance and ceremonies. Milne Bay offers a fascinating insight into the region during World War II, as the site of a significant historic battle.
Kitava, Trobriands, PNG
As a matrilineal society, women make the rules in the Trobriand Islands. As intriguing as they are stunningly beautiful, guests can try their hand at Trobriand cricket on Kiriwina – where the unconventional rules include an unlimited number of players, dancing and whistle-blowing. Of course, natural beauty abounds with unspoiled beaches and sparkling tropical waters teeming with fish and colourful coral, ready for exploring. Or sit back and take in the cultural dances and traditional performances against the pristine beach backdrop.
Occupied by Germany, Australia and Japan throughout the 20th century, destroyed by volcanic eruptions in both 1937 and 1994, and being all but flattened by Japanese and Allied air raids in World War II, Rabaul is a fascinating town brimming with historic significance. Like the 800km of Japanese tunnels used to conceal ammunition and makeshift hospitals or the volcano Mount Tavurvur and its hot springs. Plus, explore the culture and traditions of the local Tolau Duk Duk tribe who call the city home.
Kiriwina Island, Papua New Guinea
Conflict Islands, PNG
About Pacific Jewel
ABOUT PACIFIC JEWEL. Discover 11 levels of hidden gems on Pacific Jewel. Dance the night away in The Dome, relax in the Aqua Spa, feast at one of the six restaurants and get a dose of adrenalin at the P&O Edge Adventure Park.
- Food and Drink: Restaurant, Grill, 24-hour Room Service, Cafe, Coffee & Chocolate Bar, Plantation Restaurant, Waterfront Restaurant, La Lunas Restaurant, Connexions Bar, Marquee Bar, Casbah Bar, Balcony Bar, Players Bar & Casino, The Grill (burgers & hot dogs), The Atrium, The Pantry, New Zealand Natural, The Orient Bar,
- Fitness: Gym, Jogging Track, Fitness Center,
- Relaxation: Swimming Pool, Sauna, Spa, Charlies, The Oasis, Hot Tubs, Aqua Spa,
- Other: Photo Gallery, Reception, Medical Centre, Art Gallery, Duty-free shop, Shore Excursion Office, Dome Nightclub, Casino, Edge Activities, Racing Car Simulators, WiFi,
- Technology: Internet Cafe, Internet,
- Passenger Capacity: 1670
- Tonnage: 70310
- Total Crew: 621
- Length: 811
- Launched: 25 May 1989
With a local cruising history of 80 years, P&O Cruises is Australia's most loved cruise line. With eight homeports, including six in Australia, we offer more choice than any other Australian cruise line. For those after a paradise getaway, P&O is the best way to sample the Pacific Islands. Cruise to some of the best ports in Southeast Asia, including Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore and Vietnam.
The adventurous cruiser can immerse themselves in the sounds and cultures of destinations like Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Samoa, New Zealand and more. Or discover Australia's favourite coastal destinations such as Moreton Island, Mooloolaba, Whitsundays and Mornington Peninsula.
Thanks to the newest members, Pacific Eden and Pacific Aria, P&O is now the largest fleet (or should we say family) in Australia. Pacific Eden and Pacific Aria will offer a whole new level of innovation. Our unrivalled experience combined with the perfect sized ships mean we can cruise to destinations no other cruise lines can including Pentecost in Vanuatu, Vava’u in Tonga, Kavieng and Madang in Papua New Guinea, Moreton Island in Australia, Timor-Leste and Norfolk Island.
As the only cruise line in Sydney Harbour on Australia Day, there’s no better place to be than front and centre with us. As for Australia’s greatest sporting event, not only did we pioneer Melbourne Cup cruising, we do it like no one else, with the option to take an exclusive behind-the-scenes Shore Tour^ of Flemington Racecourse a day before the big race.
Each ship offers incredible and varied dining choices, entertainment from day into night and activities for all tastes and moods, and the largest shore tour program in the region.
Terms and conditions
- *Fares are cruise only, per person in AUD in a complete quad or twin room based on lead interior and balcony category at publication date (14 Feb 2018), inclusive of all discounts, charges and taxes (which are subject to change). Advertised fares are available until allocation is exhausted and may fluctuate during the campaign period. Campaign commences 14 Feb 2018 and ends 10 Apr 2018 and offers are only available on P&O’s Value and Value Plus fare types. Valid for new bookings and not combinable with any other offer. Supplements apply for other room categories. Some oceanview rooms have obstructed views. $99* per person deposit is nonrefundable and refund conditions differ from the standard P&O Booking and Travel Conditions. Pay AU$99* per person deposit (for all passengers, including children) at time of booking; final payment is then due 75 days before departure. Full payment is required for sailings booked within 75 days of departure. Onboard Spending Money is per room in AUD. Amount varies by room type and itinerary duration as specified, and is applied to the first 2 guests only in a room. Onboard Spending Money expires at the conclusion of your cruise, is not transferable, not redeemable for cash and cannot be used at the medical centre or casino.For P&O SeaBreaks, if your cruise is unable to visit the destination on its itinerary because of an unforeseen circumstance such as weather, civil unrest or a mechanical issue, we will endeavour to visit an alternative destination deemed safe by the Captain. To be read in conjunction with the P&O Cruises Australia Booking and Passage Conditions available at https://www.pocruises.com.au/plan/how-to-book/book-travel-conditions which passengers will be bound by. Whilst all information is correct at time of publication, offers are subject to change or withdrawal. Carnival plc trading as P&O Cruises Australia. ABN 23 107 998 443.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 10 April 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- Rates displayed are P&O Go fares, giving you a great cruise fare without all the bells and whistles when you know exactly when you want to holiday. Please note the Gofare has different deposit and cancellation conditions to other P&O fares. The deposit amount (90% of the cruise fare) is non-refundable and is due within 3 days of booking, when the booking is made 76 days or more before the cruise departure. The final payment is due 75 days prior to the cruise departure. If you have booked on a Go fare 75 days or less prior to the cruise departure, the full cruise fare amount is due within 3 days of booking. Go fare bookings cancelled up until 15 days prior to departure will incur a cancellation fee of 90% of the cruise fare. Go fare bookings cancelled 14 days or less prior to departure will incur a cancellation fee of 100% of the cruise fare. Should you need to change the name of a guest (replace a passenger), a $50 name change fee applies for each change on a Go fare booking. Go fares are not combinable with any other offer unless specifically stated otherwise.
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
Talk to an Expert to find your perfect Cruise.
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
We won't be beaten on price
Our Lowest Airfare Guarantee ensures you always get the best deal which means you save money.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With over 700 stores in Australia, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.