Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Bogota Cathedral is one of the jewels of the Colombian capital, a soaring gothic structure housing the remains of the city's 16th-century founder, conquistador Gonzalo Jiménez de Quesada. Gonzalo originally named the area New City of Granada; it later became Santa Fe de Bogota and finally just Bogota. More than 9 million call Bogota home today and it's divided into 20 districts but the should-see areas include:
- La Candelaria – a centuries-old quarter of restored one- and two-story pastel-painted houses and cobblestone streets
- Chapinero – this is the new downtown (north of La Candelaria) with plentiful shopping, dining and sightseeing options
- La Macarena – here you'll find a mix of bohemianesque cafes, art galleries and restaurants around the bullfight ring
- Parque de la 93 – this is where Bogota's highflyers go to dine and dance.
Bogota Airport (BOG)
Flights from Australia to Bogota will disembark at El Dorado International Airport.
El Dorado International Airport (BOG) is named after the famed legend of the tribal chief that later became associated with the lost city of gold. Bogotá's principle airport, located on the western extremity of the city, has two passenger terminals.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to El Dorado International Airport. Book your Bogota Airport accommodation.
Getting to Bogota
There are many airlines that offer flights to Bogota from Australia. Flights with one stopover from Sydney take between 25 and 30 hours. Flights from Melbourne generally have two stopovers and range from 25 hours 40 minutes to 52 hours, depending on stopover time. Flights from Brisbane with stopovers in Los Angeles and Miami take 24 hours 30 minutes, while flights from Perth stopping in Johannesburg and Sao Paulo take 34 hours 20 minutes.
Airlines that fly to Bogota
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Bogota from Australia include:
For more information on Bogota holidays check out our Bogota travel guide.