Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
One of the capital's oldest streets, Al-Muizz is home to the greatest concentration of medieval architecture of any street in the Islamic world. Thanks to recent renovations, the street is now more of an open-air museum, offering an irresistible concoction of historic treasures and modern urban design. The street is best explored at night when the beautiful old buildings are illuminated by strategically placed street lighting.
One of the highlights of Al-Muizz Street is the Qalawun complex, a 700-year-old complex consisting of a mausoleum, a hospital and a madrasa. As such, this site is considered to mark the beginning of the 'complex' concept in Egyptian architecture, in which structures were built with more than one architectural component in order to serve multiple purposes.
Complete your Al-Muizz adventure by checking out the antiques market and the spice market at the northern end of the precinct. The aroma of hundreds of different spices here will drive any food lover wild. Don't be afraid to haggle hard with the vendors, especially at the antiques market, as their prices can generally be brought down substaintially.
Cairo Airport (CAI)
Flights from Australia to Cairo will disembark at Cairo International Airport.
Cairo International Airport (CAI) is located at the crossroads of Africa, the Middle East, Europe and the Persian Gulf. The airport is the busiest in Egypt and has three terminals, one of which is undergoing construction and is expected to re-open in 2013.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Cairo International Airport. Book your Cairo Airport accommodation.
Airlines that fly to Cairo
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Cairo from Australia include:
For more information on Cairo holidays check out our Cairo travel guide.