Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Perhaps the most visually impressive of these is the Mosque-Madrassa of Sultan Hassan. Completed in 1359, the construction of this huge complex was the most expensive of any medieval mosque in Cairo. Originally designed to cater for all four Sunni schools of thought, the mosque stands as a truly unique building both culturally and architecturally.
Translated to "the mosque of the most resplendent", the Al-Azhar Mosque certainly lives up to its name. The mosque was completed in 972, making it one of the oldest in Cairo. It is surrounded by the Al-Alzhar University, the second oldest university in the world and the chief centre for Arabic literature and Islamic education globally. Having been influenced and renovated by numerous Egyptian leaders throughout history, the building is considered a reflection of the nation's historical journey and is a proud and sacred part of the Cairo cityscape.
No Cairo mosque tour is complete without a stop-off at the Mosque of Amr ibn al-As, the oldest mosque in Africa located in the area known as Old Cairo. It remains an active mosque, but is open for public visits when prayers are not taking place.
Cairo Airport (CAI)
Flights from Australia to Cairo will disembark at Cairo International Airport.
Cairo International Airport (CAI) is located at the crossroads of Africa, the Middle East, Europe and the Persian Gulf. The airport is the busiest in Egypt and has three terminals, one of which is undergoing construction and is expected to re-open in 2013.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Cairo International Airport. Book your Cairo Airport accommodation.
Airlines that fly to Cairo
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Cairo from Australia include:
For more information on Cairo holidays check out our Cairo travel guide.