Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
The nickname 'Hanoi Hilton' was coined by American prisoners during the Vietnam War. French colonists originally established Hoa Lo Prison in 1901 to incarcerate political prisoners. The gaol went on to play a distinct part in the Vietnam War and witnessed brutal torture of American prisoners. The prison contains a guillotine room with equipment, which can be accessed by visitors, as well as John McCain's flight suit and parachute.
For a unique experience, enjoy a thrilling visit to the Snake Village just outside of Hanoi. It is here that you can view various snakes that have been preserved in unbelievably strong rice whisky for several years in bottles of various shapes and sizes. The Vietnamese believe snakes have strong medicinal value with the ability to treat disease and ailments.
Travellers with a penchant for the more glamorous side of things should head to Ba Trieu Street where some of Hanoi's most cutting edge restaurants and boutiques can be found. Take your time to admire the glitzy shop fronts or relax and take in the atmosphere with a glass of wine at one of the many dining options along Ba Trieu.
Hanoi Airport (HAN)
Flights from Australia to Hanoi will disembark at Noi Bai International Airport.
Nội Bài International Airport (HAN) is the largest airport in the northern Vietnam. Located 45 km from Hanoi, the travel time from the city centre is 30-45 minutes. The airport is small compared to the other two international airports in Vietnam, but expansion in the form of a second terminal is planned.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Noi Bai International Airport. Book your Hanoi Airport accommodation.
Getting to Hanoi
There are many airlines that offer flights to Hanoi from Australia. Flights from Sydney and Melbourne via Hong Kong or Bangkok take between 11 and 15 hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Brisbane via Singapore or Kuala Lumpur take between 14 and 16 hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Perth via Hong Kong, Singapore, Bangkok take between 11 and 12 hours depending on the stopover.
Airlines that fly to Hanoi
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Hanoi from Australia include:
For more information on Hanoi holidays check out our Hanoi travel guide.
For flights to Hanoi from Darwin, give our experienced travel consultants a call.