Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Long renowned as the meeting place of East and West, the city seduces visitors with rich layers of Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman history. Istanbul's most famous monument is Aya Sofya, which is over 1000 years old and started life as the greatest Christian church in the world before being turned into a mosque and now a museum. The building features a magnificent soaring dome and many beautiful gold mosaics. Another must-see highlight is the nearby Blue Mosque that was built to rival Aya Sofya's majestic grandeur and delights visitors with spectacular minarets, stained glass windows and thousands of decorative blue tiles.
If you prefer to get your history fix underground, check out the Basilica Cistern. This immense subterranean structure was once used to store water for the Great Palace and was featured as a location in the James Bond film From Russia With Love. A visit to the Basilica Cistern's dark, cool depths is a great way to escape the heat of a summer's day.
For a detailed insight into Istanbul's fascinating history and architecture, consider taking a day tour of the city's most famous monuments.
Istanbul Airport (IST)
Flights from Australia to Istanbul will disembark at Istanbul Ataturk Airport.
Istanbul Ataturk Airport (IST) is one of two international airports in Istanbul. The other port, Sabiha Gökçen International Airport is much newer, yet Istanbul Ataturk remains the busiest and largest of the two. The airport takes its name from Istanbul's first president, Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, and is a hub for Turkish Airlines.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Istanbul Ataturk Airport. Book your Istanbul Airport accommodation.
Getting to Istanbul
There are many airlines that offer flights to Istanbul from Australia. Flights from Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane via Singapore, Dubai or Abu Dhabi take between 20 and 24 hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Brisbane via Singapore or Dubai take between 24 and 25 hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Perth via Singapore or Dubai take between 17 and 20 hours depending on the stopover.
Airlines that fly to Istanbul
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Istanbul from Australia include:
For more information on Istanbul holidays check out our Istanbul travel guide.
For flights to Istanbul from Adelaide, give our experienced travel consultants a call.