Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Tapas served in Madrid tempts the tastebuds, the flourish of flamenco flashes before your eyes but the gardens may soothe the soul. Here's a few of the green spaces that may tempt you to relax amid the flurry of a city that's always 'on'.
- Parque del Retiro – literally 'park of the pleasant retreat', not far from the Prado Museum, this is one of the city's largest (350 acres) and most popular parks; formerly the grounds for the palace built for King Philip IV of Spain in the 1600s.
- Monte de El Pardo – is a remarkable, protected Mediterranean forest inside the city that's been used as a hunting ground for royalty and is replete with wild cats, stags, deer, wild boars, ilexes, cork oaks, ash trees, black poplars, oaks, junipers and rockroses.
- Casa de Campo – is the 1,700 hectare 'green lung' of the city, sporting 3 different ecosystems, along with Madrid Zoo, an amusement park, outdoor community pool and cable car rides.
- Royal Botanic Garden – next to the Prado Museum, it's an 8-hectare, 18th-century creation of Carlos III and started life as a collection point for herbs gathered on New World trips.
- Atocha Railway Station – while the name denotes an odd garden choice, this is the site of a hothouse with 4,000 square metres of tropical plants; given there are shops and cafes here too, it can make a good escape from summer heat or winter chill!
Madrid Airport (MAD)
Flights from Australia to Madrid will disembark at Madrid-Barajas International Airport.
Madrid-Barajas International Airport (MAD) is Madrid's primary airport and the busiest airport in Spain. The airport is made up of four terminals. Terminal 4 is one of largest terminals in the world.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Madrid-Barajas International Airport. Book your Madrid Airport accommodation.
Airlines that fly to Madrid
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Madrid from Australia include:
For information on airlines that offer flights to Madrid, have a look at our international airline page.