Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Mexico City sits in a high valley and has a subtropical highland climate. The annual average temperature is between 12 and 16 degrees Celsius with extremes hitting high sub-zeros (-4 degrees Celsius) and low thirties. There are plentiful ways to learn Spanish here – strike up a conversation with a local about the weather; visit the varied and beautiful museums and galleries then piece together vocabulary and history; get a ticket to a soccer game at the massive 105,000-seat Aztec Stadium and make friends with a fan.
You're bound to want to try the vast array of local and global cuisine on offer here too, so if the language barrier is proving too much, enjoy a game of charades at a restaurant and just eat whatever you're presented with! This is a vast city with a beautiful historic centre that's popular with many visitors but you might just fall in love with the atmosphere here too.
Mexico City Airport (MEX)
Flights from Australia to Mexico City will disembark at Mexico City Airport.
In 2006 Mexico City's principle airport, Benito Juárez International Airport (MEX) was renamed to honour the revered nineteenth century President. The airport, located in the eastern part of the city, is the main hub for Mexico's largest airline, Aeroméxico.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Mexico City Airport. Book your Mexico City Airport accommodation.
Getting to Mexico City
There are many airlines that offer flights to Mexico City from Australia. The quickest flights from Sydney with one stopover take just under 20 hours. Flights from Melbourne with two stopovers range from 23 hours 23 minutes to 42 hours depending on the length of the stopover. Single stopover flights from Brisbane take around 20 hours, while flights from Perth with two stopovers take around 27 hours at their quickest.
Airlines that fly to Mexico City
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Mexico City from Australia include:
- Air Canada
- Air France
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines
- British Airways
- Delta Airlines
- KLM Airlines
- LAN Airlines
- United Airlines
For more information on Mexico City holidays check out our Mexico City travel guide.