Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
One of South America's hidden gems, the port city of Montevideo is Uruguay's largest city and its cosmopolitan capital. It's home to some of the country's most popular tourist attractions, including the beach-hugging La Rambla promenade. Take a stroll along the River Plate beachfront before checking out the historic Port Market, filled with a dazzling array of food and handicraft stalls. The sprawling Plaza Independencia separates the old Ciudad Vieja district from downtown Montevideo and is home to the historic Solis Theatre.
The Palacio Estévez is also located on the Plaza Independencia. Once the seat of the Uruguayan Presidency, the Doric-inspired building is considered to be one of Montevideo's finest examples of colonial architecture.
Montevideo Airport (MVD)
Flights from Australia to Montevideo will disembark at Carrasco International Airport.
Carrasco/General Cesáreo L. Berisso International Airport (MVD) is the largest airport in Uruguay. A In 2009, a new passenger terminal was unveiled, tripling the capacity of the original terminal, which had been in operation since 1947. The visually pleasing new terminal, designed by Uruguayan born architect Rafael Viñoly, contains almost 8,000 square meters of glass, flooding the space with natural light.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Carrasco International Airport Book your Montevideo Airport accommodation.
Airlines that fly to Montevideo
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Montevideo from Australia include:
For more information on Montevideo holidays check out our Montevideo travel guide.