Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
New Orleans is a city that thrives when it comes to music. Many consider the Louisiana city to be the birthplace of jazz, dating back to the 19th century when the city's African slaves were the only slaves in the world who were allowed to have their own drums. The jazz sound is said to have stemmed from the mix of European horns and African drums, melding together to create a genre that has lasted the test of time. Some of the genre's best musicians, such as Louis Armstrong, hailed from New Orleans.
For some genuine jazz sounds, head to one of the numerous music clubs along Frenchmen Street. One such club, the Apple Barrel, is a great place to catch some jazz and blues, while those who want to eat and listen can do so at the popular The Bombay Club which combines up-scale Creole cuisine with nightly jazz performances.
New Orleans Airport (MSY)
Flights from Australia to New Orleans will disembark at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport.
Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY) is located 19 kilometres west of downtown in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana. The airport's address is 900 Airline Drive in Kenner, Louisiana. At an average of 1.4 metres above sea level, the airport is the 2nd lowest-lying international airport in the world, behind only Schiphol International Airport in Amsterdam.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport. Book your New Orleans Airport accommodation.
Getting to New Orleans
There are many airlines that offer flights to New Orleans from Australia. Flights from Sydney with a stopover in San Francisco or Los Angeles take just over 19 hours. Flights from Brisbane with one stopover take 20 hours and 50 minutes, while flights from Melbourne with one stopover are marginally quicker at 20 hours 30 minutes. Flights from Perth with two stopovers in Sydney and Dallas take 25 hours 25 minutes.
Airlines that fly to New Orleans
For more information on New Orleans holidays check out our New Orleans travel guide.