Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Start your holiday with a visit to the French Quarter, the oldest and most famous area in New Orleans. Stretching along the Mississippi River, the French Quarter is a compact and pedestrian friendly district featuring an eclectic mix of boisterous bars, cafes, art galleries and antique stores. While wandering the quarter, pull up a stool at one of the countless bars on Bourbon Street for a hearty drink or browse what's on offer at the Old French Market and pick up a souvenir.
Also in the quarter is Jackson Square, a popular hangout lined with street painters and fortune tellers. Surrounding the square are three 18th century buildings; St Louis Cathedral, the Cabildo and the Presbytère. Following a session of people watching, head inside the Presbytère to find the Louisiana State Museum, where you can learn about the damage caused to the city by Hurricane Katrina.
After visiting the French Quarter, take the St. Charles Streetcar to see the large plantation style homes in the Garden District.
New Orleans Airport (MSY)
Flights from Australia to New Orleans will disembark at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport.
Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY) is located 19 kilometres west of downtown in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana. The airport's address is 900 Airline Drive in Kenner, Louisiana. At an average of 1.4 metres above sea level, the airport is the 2nd lowest-lying international airport in the world, behind only Schiphol International Airport in Amsterdam.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport. Book your New Orleans Airport accommodation.
Getting to New Orleans
There are many airlines that offer flights to New Orleans from Australia. Flights from Sydney with a stopover in San Francisco or Los Angeles take just over 19 hours. Flights from Brisbane with one stopover take 20 hours and 50 minutes, while flights from Melbourne with one stopover are marginally quicker at 20 hours 30 minutes. Flights from Perth with two stopovers in Sydney and Dallas take 25 hours 25 minutes.
Airlines that fly to New Orleans
For more information on New Orleans holidays check out our New Orleans travel guide.