Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Hotel Vertigo San Francisco
Located just blocks from Union Square, the Theatre District, Cable Car lines, Fine Dining and many other beautiful San Francisco attractions. Checking into the Hotel Vertigo is like stepping into a Hitchcock movie - literally! Back when it was the Empire, the hotel played a cameo role in Hitchco...
Travel Dates: Selected travel dates 1-29 November 2018
The hotel has a good location close to San Francisco's theater and shopping districts. Within a short walk are the Cable Cars, Nob Hill, Union Square, and Chinatown. All guestrooms offer a soft palette of soothing tones such as light breezy blue and cashmere cream, punctuated by touches of glowin...
Travel Dates: 1 October - 30 November 2018
Omni San Francisco
The hotel is only a short walk to Union Square, the San Francisco neighborhood that has become a mecca for high end shopping and art galleries. One guest must be at least 21 years of age in order to reserve and check in. There is cable car stop outside the hotel. All 362 rooms have luxurious furn...
Travel Dates: 1 October - 30 November 2018
San Francisco's cable cars have been running up and down the city's hilly streets since 1873, and have remained operating out of nostalgia. Take the trolley to the Castro District, a vibrant area home to a large gay and lesbian community as well as an assortment of shops, restaurants, pubs and a grand old movie palace.
While you're in town, visit the infamous Alcatraz and experience this world-famous prison in person. Al Capone and George 'Machine Gun' Kelly were amongst just some of the notorious criminals to spend time here. Another attraction worth visiting is The Presido, a fortified base in the national park that once housed soldiers from Spain and Mexico before becoming a US military base. You won't find a more rural area in the entire city thanks to an abundance of eucalyptus trees and vast green lawns.
Other city icons worth visiting include the pastel coloured three story houses known as the 'Painted Ladies' of Alamo Square. These houses were once the nerve centre of 1967's 'Summer of Love'. Since then the neighbourhood has become more commercial but is still worth a stroll for its history and exceptional architecture. That and you won't find a more picturesque architectural location with the city as a backdrop.
San Francisco Airport (SFO)
Flights from Australia to San Francisco will disembark at San Francisco International Airport.
San Francisco International Airport (SFO) is situated south of the city. The airport opened in 1927 and was awarded Best International Airport in 2008 by Skytrax.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to San Francisco International Airport. Book your San Francisco Airport accommodation.
Getting to San Francisco
There are many airlines that offer flights to San Francisco from Australia. Direct flights from Sydney take around 13 hours and 30 minutes. Flights from Melbourne via Auckland or Los Angeles take between 19 and 24 hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Perth via Sydney take between 19 and 20 hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Brisbane via Honolulu or Los Angeles take between 19 and 22 hours depending on the stopover.
Airlines that fly to San Francisco
Airlines that offer cheap flights to San Francisco from Australia include:
For more on San Francisco holidays check out our San Francisco travel guide or view our range of San Francisco holiday packages that include flights, accommodation and often other extras like tours or car hire.