Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Lovers of modern history should start by visiting the Museum of Memory and Human Rights. The museum tells the story of those who suffered violations of human rights during the regime led by Augusto Pinochet from 1973 to 1990 and is both insightful and eye-opening. From there, travel across town to the barrio (neighbourhood) of Bellavista. Rich with artists, hip boutiques and trendy bars, Bellavista is Santiago's bohemian quarter. Stop at La Chascona, the home built by noble prize-winning poet Pablo Neruda. Known for his eclectic and urban style, the whimsical design and unique architecture of the house is well worth a look.
Nearby is Cerro San Cristóbal, a hill rising about 300m above the city of Santiago and topped with a 22-metre statue of the Virgin Mary. Although it's possible to walk or ride, the easiest way to the top is by catching the funicular from Bellavista. Go just before sunset and be rewarded with spectacular panoramic views over the city. On a clear day or after the rain, the view of the snow-capped Andean mountains is breathtaking.
After the sun goes down, opt to take a salsa dance lesson or head to the impressive Teatro Municipal and watch the ballet or opera.
Airlines that fly from Australia to Santiago include Air Canada, Air France, Delta Airlines and LAN Airlines. For more information on airlines that offer flights to Santiago, have a look at our international airline page.
While you're planning your Santiago holiday consider:
Planning a trip to Santiago? At Flight Centre, our helpful travel consultants and range of cheap flights to Santiago will make booking your Chile holiday easy.