Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
A striking feature of Taiwanese culture is that society here places a strong emphasis on remembering and honouring the past, however grim it may have been. This is evident through the multitude of shrines and memorials dotted around Taipei. One you shouldn't miss is Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall, a complex honouring the life and career of former Chinese Nationalist Party leader and President of the Republic of China, Chiang Kai-Shek. Though his career was controversial, it's fascinating to learn about the role Chiang Kai-Shek played in establishing the Taiwan of today.
Just as significant and worthy of visiting is the National Revolutionary Martyrs' Shrine, dedicated to the those who died fighting for the Republic of China during the revolutionary wars of the early to mid 1900s. The flawless, almost robotic changing of the guard that occurs here every hour is a particularly popular spectacle to witness.
Finish your journey of remembrance at Sun Yat-sen Historical Events Memorial Hall, a memorial complex dedicated to the first president and founding father of the Republic of China, Sun Yat-sen. The memorial hall recognises and celebrates the leader's life and the revolution he led, through the grand buildling itself, immaculate gardens, a bronze statue, and displays of historical items.
Taipei Airport (TPE)
Flights from Australia to Taipei will disembark at Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport.
Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TPE) is the primary airport for Taipei and the busiest airport in Taiwan. Located in the Taoyuan County, Taiwan Taoyuan International has two terminals and is the main hub for China Airlines.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport. Book your Taipei Airport accommodation.
Getting to Taipei
There are many airlines that offer flights to Taipei from Australia. Direct flights from Sydney take nine hours and 20 minutes. Flights from Melbourne via Hong Kong, Singapore or Bangkok take between 12 and 15 hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Brisbane via Hong Kong take 11 hours and 20 minutes. Flights from Perth via Hong Kong take 10 hours and 30 minutes.
Airlines that fly to Taipei
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Taipei from Australia include:
- Cathay Pacific
- China Eastern Airlines
- China Southern Airlines
- Garuda Indonesia
- Philippine Airlines
- Singapore Airlines
- Vietnam Airlines
For more information on Taipei holidays check out our Taipei travel guide.