Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Throughout the Middle Ages and Renaissance, Venice was a strong maritime force and an important European commercial centre. Its top traded items included silk, grain, spice and art, helping to bring much wealth to the city state, which was known for almost 1000 years as the Most Serene Republic of Venice. Napoleon conquered the area in 1797 and today the world's favourite pedestrian city is a legacy from a flourishing period in history.
More than 400 bridges cross the canals between Venice's main 118 islands, allowing the area to be easily navigable on foot or by boat. The largest water thoroughfare is the Grand Canal – it snakes through the island cluster, shaped by a back-to-front 'S'. There are only 4 main bridges crossing it: Ponte di Rialto (the oldest, built in the late 1500s), Ponte dell'Accademia, Ponte degli Scalzi and the most recent addition in 2011, Ponte della Costituzione.
The locals are happy to help with your Italian, however fractured, but if you're already fluent, you might notice another language here too: Venetian. It's a Romance language spoken by almost 2 million people in the area. Romance languages are all derivatives of Latin.
Grab a flight to Venice if you're set to go or if you'd like to talk more, give Flight Centre a call on 133 133.
Venice Airport (VCE)
Flights from Australia to Venice will disembark at Venice Marco Polo Airport.
Venice Marco Polo Airport (VCE) is an Italian airport located just north of Venice. Venice Marco Polo is the bigger of the two airports servicing Venice, and takes its name from the Venetian explorer Marco Polo.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Venice Marco Polo Airport. Book your Venice Airport accommodation.
Airlines that fly to Venice
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Venice from Australia include:
For more information on Venice holidays check out our Venice travel guide.