Winners are grinners and you could be grinning all the way to places like Japan, Italy, Vietnam, and more! Thanks to our friends at Intrepid, we’re giving you the chance to win 1 of 20 Intrepid trips globally for two. Oh, and we're not stopping there – you'll also win return flights to the value of $2,000 AUD per person!*
All you have to do is complete the entry form, and don't forget to refer your friends for extra entries into the draw*.
Get ready for good views, good friends and good times on over 1000 trips to more than 100 countries with Intrepid. For over 30 years, Intrepid has been taking travellers around the globe – that’s over 30 years of making meaningful connections with new people, places and cultures on their small group adventures.
You’ll see the world through the eyes of local leaders and before you know it, you could be feasting on a home-cooked dinner at a family home in Morocco, hiking along lesser-visited trails in Peru or enjoying a homestay experience in the backwaters of Kerala in India. Your next adventure awaits...
Competition Terms & Conditions
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY “WIN 1 of 20 Intrepid Trips for 2”
1. The promoter is Flight Centre Travel Group Limited trading as Flight Centre (“Promoter”) of:
(a) Southpoint, 275 Grey Street, South Brisbane QLD 4101, Australia.
(b) 124 Vincent Street, Auckland, New Zealand;
(c) Block 8, Pendoring Office Park, 299 Pendoring Street, Blackheath, Gauteng, 2195, South Africa;
(d) 700-980 Howe Street, Vancouver, BC V6Z 0C8t, Canada;
(e) 120 The Broadway, Wimbledon, London, SW191RH, United Kingdom.
1A Intrepid means, depending on the region in which each Eligible Entrant is located, each of:
Australia: Intrepid Travel Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 34 126 440 033)
New Zealand: Intrepid Travel New Zealand Limited
Canada: Intrepid Travel Incorporated (BN 811474477)
South Africa: Intrepid Travel Group UK Limited (01826936)
UK: Intrepid Travel Group UK Limited (01826936)
Conditions of Entry
2. Eligibility information and the prize offered form part of these Conditions of Entry. An individual that renders themself an Eligible Entrant is deemed to have accepted these Conditions of Entry.
3. Entry is open to residents of Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, UK and Canada (excluding residents of Quebec) aged 18 years or older (or, for residents of Canada, those who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence), who comply with the requirements set out in the “Eligibility for Promotion” terms stated in these Conditions of Entry ("Eligible Entrants").
4. Employees of Flight Centre Travel Group Limited, its related bodies corporate, and their immediate families are not permitted to enter.
Duration of Promotional Period
5. The promotion commences at 12.01am AEST on Thursday 5 October 2023 and closes at 11:59pm AEST on Thursday 30 November 2023 ("Promotion Period"). 20 x prize winners ("Promotion") will be drawn between 08:00am AEST on Tuesday 5 December 2023 and 05:00PM AEST on Thursday 7 December 2023,
Eligibility for Promotion
6. Eligible Entrants will be those who during the Promotion Period:
(a) Enter the competition form & sign up to receive direct marketing material from the Promoter (and/or its related bodies corporate) either:
in person (at any Promoter retail store) or;
by registering their details via the relevant regional subscription form accessible from the following websites:
Flight Centre Australia: www.flightcentre.com.au/p/intrepid-comp
Flight Centre New Zealand: www.flightcentre.co.nz/p/intrepid-comp
Flight Centre Canada: www.flightcentre.ca/p/intrepid-comp
Flight Centre South Africa: www.flightcentre.co.za/p/intrepid-comp
Flight Centre UK: www.flightcentre.co.uk/p/intrepid-comp
(C) by registering their details via a lead generation Facebook or YouTube ad form, served to them by the Promoter.
("Subscription Websites”); and
(b) except where prohibited by law, remain subscribed to receive direct marketing material from the Promoter for at least the duration of the Promotion Period.
7. Any costs associated with accessing the Promotion remain the responsibility of each Eligible Entrant (excluding those situated in Canada).
8. When subscribing to receive direct marketing material from the Promoter and entering this Promotion, Eligible Entrants:
(b) outside of Australia, are agreeing to the privacy notice of the Promoter’s relevant related body corporate operating in their relevant market outlined below:
Flight Centre New Zealand https://help.flightcentre.co.nz/s/article/privacy-policy-nz
Flight Centre South Africa https://help.flightcentre.co.za/s/article/privacy-notice-za
Flight Centre Canada https://help.flightcentre.ca/s/article/privacy-notice-ca
Flight Centre UK https://help.flightcentre.co.uk/s/article/privacy-notice-uk
9. An Eligible Entrant who complies with these eligibility requirements will receive one (1) entry only in the Promotion. An Eligible Entrant may gain additional entries into the Promotion if the Eligible Entrant:
(a) subscribed to receive direct marketing via the website entry page for the duration of the Promotion Period; and
(b) selected the “Refer a Friend” link on the website entry page; and
(c) shared the Promotion with a friend who has subsequently satisfied the eligibility requirements and successfully entered the Promotion in their own right via the website entry page.
Additional entries via “Refer a friend” are only eligible for entrants who enter via Flight Centre’s website entry page/s directly. Entries via other methods, i.e. sign ups instore, or Facebook, TikTok & ROKT lead generation forms via Facebook & Tiktok are not eligible for additional entries via “Refer a Friend”.
Selection of “Prize Winner”
10. Subject to clause 13, there will be twenty (20) Eligible Entrants selected at random as winners across the Promotion Period (“Prize Winner”).
11. The Prize Winner(s) must be able to provide a current, valid Passport or Driver’s License / other Valid ID to verify their identity and accept the prize.
12. The Prize Winners will be determined by a random computer-generated prize draw completed between 08:00am AEST on Tuesday 5 December 2023 and 05:00PM AEST on Thursday 7 December 2023, taking place at the Promoter’s Head Office located at Southpoint, 275 Grey Street, South Brisbane QLD 4101, Australia.
The Promoter reserves the right to draw additional reserve entries and record them in case an ineligible entrant is drawn. The Prize Winner need not be present at the draw.
13. The Prize Winner will be contacted by the Promoter via telephone and in writing via email the day of the draw (in which they were drawn) or as soon as possible thereafter. In line with regulatory requirements, Prize Winners residing in Canada only will be expected to answer a four (4) part mathematical question correctly in order to be eligible to claim the Prize.
14. The Prize Winner will have 15 (fifteen) days to claim the prize. If the prize has not been claimed by the Prize Winner before 5:00pm AEST on the 15th day after it is announced (Thursday 21 December 2023), an unclaimed prize draw will be held at 10:00am AEST on the following business day (Friday 22 December 2023) at the Promoter’s Head Office, Southpoint, 275 Grey Street, South Brisbane QLD 4101. The unclaimed prize draw will also be a random computer-generated prize draw. The winner of the unclaimed prize draw (“Unclaimed Winner”) will be notified by email or telephone on the day of the unclaimed prize draw. All terms applicable to the Prize Winner will also apply to Unclaimed Winner.
14A. The date on which the Prize Winner or Unclaimed Winner (as applicable) is notified under clauses 12-14 of these Conditions of Entry will be known as the “Notification Date.”
15. Eligible Entrants who participate in the Promotion (including by accepting a Prize) consent to their name being announced on the following websites & social media accounts once they have been confirmed as a Prize Winner and have formally accepted their prize:
Name and area of residence of Prize Winners (or Unclaimed Winners) will be available from the Promotor for 1 month after the closing date.
16. The Promoter's decision is final, and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the result of the promotion.
17. Each Prize Winner / Unclaimed Winner (as applicable) will win one of twenty (20) available prizes which includes each of the following:
- 1 x Intrepid Travel Tour for two (2) people (Valued at $5,000 AUD), selected at random from the prize pool below:
- 9 Day Japan Express
- 9 Day South Korea Highlights
- 8 Day Turkey Highlights
- 7 Day Inca Trail Express
- 8 Day India Golden Triangle
- 8 Day Classic Sri Lanka
- 5 Day Best of Uluru & Kings Canyon
- 8 Day Mexico City to Oaxaca
- 5 Day Western USA National Parks Loop
- 8 Day Discover Lombok
- 8 Day Cambodia Express
- 11 Day Sabah Adventure
- 10 Day Highlights of Thailand
- 8 Day Premium Vietnam
- 10 Day Vietnam Express Southbound
- 8 Day Kruger to Vic Falls
- 8 Day Classic Egypt
- 8 Day Classic Morocco
- 8 Day Highlights of Italy
- 10 Day Greece Sailing Adventure: Cyclades Islands; and
- 1 x $4,000 AUD (or equivalent) credit for Prize Winner and one (1) guest (cap of $2,000 AUD per person) to be used solely for return flights to and from the Prize Winner’s closest departure point to corresponding Intrepid Travel tour destination (selected from the below available tours). Flight credit is to the value of $2,000 AUD per person and is equivalent to the following credit amounts in local currency, based on exchange rate at xe.com on Monday 2 October 2023. Currency conversion will not be amended outside of this exchange rate.
- AU: $2,000 AUD per person
- NZ: $2,000 NZD per person
- UK: £1,000 GBP per person
- CA: $1,750 Canadian dollars per person
- ZA: R 24,000 per person
(each individually the “Prize”).
17A. The Prize Winners / Unclaimed Winners (by accepting a Prize) agrees that they will abide by the applicable terms and conditions for the use of the Prize as notified by the Promoter and/or the travel supplier. A minimum of 4 passengers must be booked on the Prize Winner’s chosen tour departure date to go ahead.
17B. Eligible Entrants may only receive one (1) prize across the Promotion Period.
18. The Prize will be held as a credit in the Prize Winner’s / Unclaimed Winner’s (as applicable) closest Promoter (or related body corporate) retail store. The Prize Winner /Unclaimed Winner must use the Prize to book a holiday through Flight Centre within 4 x months of the Notification Date for travel dates at least 56 (fifty-six) days ahead of the intended booking date as per Intrepid’s booking terms & conditions (see clause 22). The Prize Winner / Unclaimed Winner must use the entirety of the Prize to book a holiday as no further refunds/credits will be provided if the total value of the Prize is not utilized. All travel must be completed by 31 December 2024, failing which the prize shall be forfeited.
19. Any alterations to the prize will be at the prize winner’s expense. Additional expenses are also not covered by the Promoter or Intrepid and include but are not limited to: transfers to your closest departure point, travel insurance, meals, spending money, visas & vaccinations are the responsibility of the prize winner. Blackout dates apply. Prize winner & companions must travel together.
20. The Prize Winners / Unclaimed Winners (as applicable) will be responsible for any tax liability (where applicable) that may arise from being awarded the Prize.
21. The Prize Winners / Unclaimed Winners must take the prize as offered. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, cannot be sold or exchanged for cash (except as permitted through normal use of the prize) and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
22. The Prize is subject to these conditions of entry, as well as the standard terms and conditions of both:
in relation to the Promotor,
(i) for Eligible Entrants in Australia, Flight Centre Australia; and
(ii) for Eligible Entrants outside of Australia, the Promoter’s local related body corporate,
each of which are accessible via the following links:
Flight Centre Australia: https://help.flightcentre.com.au/s/article/booking-terms-conditions-au
Flight Centre New Zealand: https://help.flightcentre.co.nz/s/article/booking-terms-conditions-nz
Flight Centre Canada: https://help.flightcentre.ca/s/article/booking-terms-and-conditions-ca
Flight Centre UK: https://help.flightcentre.co.uk/s/article/booking-conditions-uk
Flight Centre South Africa: https://help.flightcentre.co.za/s/article/booking-terms-and-conditions-za
(2) In relation to Intrepid:
(I) for Eligible Entrants located in the UK, the terms located at https://www.intrepidtravel.com/au/uk-booking-conditions ; and
(ii) for Eligible Entrants located outside of the UK, the terms located at https://www.intrepidtravel.com/au/standard-booking-conditions .
23A: The Prize Winner / Unclaimed Winner (as applicable) will be contacted by the Promoter’s Social Media team once they have booked their holiday and will be asked if they can provide up to 5 photos from their experience (“Holiday Photos”) upon their return, or while they are on holiday. The Holiday Photos may be used by the Promoter (or its related bodies corporate and their successors or assigns) under a non-exclusive license for future promotional activities in all perpetuity, for any reason whatsoever, in any and all media, throughout the universe, without further notice to, consent by, or payment to Prize Winner / Unclaimed Winner, for which consent is provided. Without in any way limiting the foregoing, Promoter shall have the right in its sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter the Holiday Photos for any purpose which Promoter deems necessary or desirable, and each Prize Winner / Unclaimed Winner irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have therein. Otherwise, in relation to the Holiday Photos, Prize Winner / Unclaimed Winner (as applicable):
(I) provides same on a royalty-free basis;
(ii) warrants that Promoter (and its related bodies corporate) will not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party through the intended use of same (IP Warranty); and
(iii) indemnifies Promoter, its successors and assigns (and its related bodies corporate and their successors or assigns) from any liability associated with breach of the IP Warranty.
24. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not responsible for or liable for:
(a) inaccurate/incorrect transcription of entry information.
(b) entries that are not received for any reason, including because they are lost, misdirected, or stolen, or that are received, but are late, illegible, incomplete, sent with insufficient postage (where entry is by post), or sent other than as directed in the entry instructions.
(c) any problems or technical failures of any kind, including malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or network, servers or providers, computer equipment, or software.
(d) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any service whether caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website.
(e) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Promotion.
(f) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the promotion; g. any loss suffered or sustained, to person or property and including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to a Prize Winner and, where applicable, to any family/persons accompanying a Prize Winner; or
(h) any injury or damage to persons or property, including to the participant's or any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participation in or downloading any materials in this Promotion.
25. The Promoter and its related bodies corporate will not be liable for personal injury suffered in connection with participation in this Promotion or with the use of the Prize offered, except to the extent caused directly by the Promoter's gross negligence.
26. The above conditions do not affect, and are not intended to affect, any rights a consumer might have, which cannot be excluded under applicable consumer protection laws. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its related bodies corporate, servants or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the cost of having the Prize supplied again.
27. When Eligible Entrants subscribe to the Promoter’s email newsletter, they are agreeing to receive email marketing from both the Promotor and/or its related body corporates. In the event that entrants decide to opt out of receiving information on promotions, services and market research provided by the Promoter they can email email@example.com or contact [the Global Head Office on 07 3170 7979]. For all regions (excluding those entrants in Canada), if entrants opt out of receiving marketing at any time during the Promotional Period, they will no longer be eligible to receive a prize.
28. If this Promotion cannot run as planned for any reason beyond the Promoter's control, for example these instances may include but not be limited to software, hardware or communications issues, unauthorised intervention, tampering, fraud or technical failure, government directives, pandemic, public health orders and the like, the Promoter may end, change, suspend or cancel the Promotion or disqualify affected entries/entrants, subject to any necessary approval by the state/territory gaming authorities and without providing compensation to Eligible Entrants.
29. These Conditions of Entry shall be subject to the laws of the relevant jurisdiction in which the Eligible Entrant entered the Promotion.
30. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
31. By entering this Promotion, you agree to release Facebook from any liability including for any loss, personal injury or damage.
32. These Conditions of Entry shall supersede all other prior terms and conditions, understandings, arrangements or agreements, whether verbal or written, in relation to the Promotion. This Promotion is a game of chance. Skill plays no part in this Promotion (except for the skills requirement for Canadian residents as noted in Paragraph 13 of these terms and conditions).
33. For the purposes of regulatory requirements in Australia, the following permits for the Promotion have been obtained:
State/ Territory | Permit Number
ACT | TP 23/01963
NSW | TP/02433
SA | Pending as at 4th Oct 23