MADRID & SOUTHERN SPAIN
From 06/11/2020 to 15/11/2020
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Breakfasts Included: 9.
Lunches Included: 0.
Dinners Included: 2.
Breakfasts Included: 9.
Lunches Included: 0.
Dinners Included: 2.
Day 1 - ARRIVE IN MADRID, SPAIN. Check into your hotel. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travellers. (D)
Day 2 - MADRID Spain's capital is a city of elegant boulevards and manicured parks. Masterpieces by Goya, Velazquez and other Spanish masters can be found at Madrid Prado Museum. Get a feel of the city this morning during your included guided sightseeing tour. Enjoy a panoramic drive of the Avenida Mayor, Puerta del Sol, Parliament Square, and a picture stop outside the Royal Palace. in the afternoon, maybe revisit some of the morning's attractions, join an optional excursion, or just relax and take in the atmosphere. (B)
Day 3 - MADRID-TOLEDO-CORDOBA. Leave the capital and head towards Toledo. Meet your Local Guide for a sightseeing tour, and visit the ST. TOME CHURCH, famous for El Greco's celebrated painting "The Burial of Count Orgaz". Continue into the very heart of La Mancha, known for its castles and windmills, as you travel to Cordoba, built on the banks of the Guadalquivir River. (B) Today's Distance: 280 mi/ 450 km
Day 4 - CORDOBA-SEVILLE The highlight of this morning's visit to Spain's most Moorish city is the MEZQUITA, one of islam's most important pieces of architecture outside the Arab world. The former mosque was converted to a Catholic cathedral in 1236, following the Reconquista. Stroll through the Jewish quarter along small, white-washed houses, winding streets, and squares. Departing Cordoba, enjoy more Andalusian landscapes before reaching Seville, one of Spain's most colourful cities. Perhaps tonight you'd like to join an optional flamenco performance? (B,D) Today's Distance: 90 mi/ 145 km
Day 5 - SEVILLE The wonderful Andalusian city of Seville is the epitome of Spain with its fiery flamenco, Moorish splendour, fragrant gardens, and elegant piazzas. Admire the city's many highlights this morning during your sightseeing tour with a Local Guide. The afternoon is dedicated to your independent discoveries. (B)
Day 6 - SEVILLE-RONDA-COSTA DEL SOL. Today, take the scenic inland route to incomparable Ronda, the emblem of all Andalusian white-washed villages, boasting one of the most dramatic cityscapes in the world. Spanning the deep El Tajo gorge, it is known for its fascinating history, charm, and three remarkable bridges that cross the canyon. Continue to your hotel on the Costa del Sol. (B) Today's Distance: 146 mi/ 235 km
Day 7 - COSTA DEL SOL. EXCURSION TO MALAGA. Begin the day with an included excursion to the charming port city of Malaga, the southernmost large city in Europe, and birthplace of Pablo Picasso. Founded by the Phoenicians around 770 BC., it's one of the oldest cities in the world and yet among the liveliest in Spain. (B) Today's Distance: 22 mi/ 35 km
Day 8 - COSTA DEL SOL-GRANADA. Our Spanish journey continues to history-steeped Granada at the foot of the Sierra Nevada. On the included tour, your Local Guide will bring to life the world-famous ALAMBRA COMPLEX*. Built by Moorish kings in 889 AD, initially to be a hilltop fortress, the building was extended over the centuries and transformed into a magnificent palace featuring lavish gardens, and it still is the epitome of architectural ornate beauty. (B) Today's Distance: 84 mi/ 135 km
Day 9 - GRANADA-ARANJUEZMADRID. The olive and orange groves of the rolling Andalusian hill, as well the barren landscapes of Don Quixote's La Mancha, unfold before your eyes. Stop at a local WINE CELLAR to discover and taste some wines from the area and enjoy the beauty of the countryside. As you approach Madrid, stop in the Castilian Plain to visit Aranjuez, declared UNESCO World Heritage Cultural Landscape for its spectacular gardens and magnificent monuments such as the Royal Palace. (B) Today's Distance: 261 mi/ 420 km
Day 10 - MADRID Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 17 August 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.