SCOTTISH HIGHLANDS ESCAPE
From 29/11/2020 to 04/12/2020
Breakfasts Included: 5.
Lunches Included: 0.
Dinners Included: 3.
Day 1 - ARRIVE IN EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND. Welcome to Edinburgh! Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is yours to discover the Scottish capital at your own pace. At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and travelling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)
Day 2 - EDINBURGH Morning city sightseeing with a Local Guide introduces you to the 200-year-old "New Town" and the famous scientists, inventors, and novelists who lived there. In the "Old Town," visit EDINBURGH CASTLE to admire Scotland's Crown Jewels. The afternoon is free. Tonight, don't miss our optional Scottish evening with Highland dancers, bagpipers, and the Ceremony of the Haggis. (B)
Day 3 - EDINBURGH-ST. ANDREWS-PITLOCHRY-CULLODEN MOOR- INVERNESS. Drive over the elegant Forth Road Bridge and through Fife to St. Andrews, whose Royal and Ancient Golf Club has given us the rules of golfing. Then, head into the Highlands, with a stop in the Victorian mountain resort of Pitlochry. Cross the battlefield of Culloden Moor with its memories of Bonnie Prince Charlie. Overnight at Inverness, the Highland capital. (B) Today's Distance: 200 mi / 325 km
Day 4 - INVERNESS-FORT WILLIAM-OBAN. A day of glorious Highland scenery begins with a drive along the shores of Loch Ness, looking out for its mysterious monster. Enjoy a guided tour of a WHISKY DISTILLERY in Fort William, where you hear about the ancient art of converting barley, water, and yeast into a heart-warming liquor. Visit intensely dramatic and scenic Glen Coe, before arriving at Oban, a lively port town on the western coast and gateway to Scotland's Hebridean islands. (B,D) Today's Distance: 114 mi / 180 km
Day 5 - OBAN-THE TROSSACHS-GLASGOW. After time in Oban, travel through The Trossachs with its serene glens, lush forests, rushing rivers, and admire the stunning scenery of Scotland's first national park. Enjoy the breathtaking views at the "Bonnie Banks" of Loch Lomond on your way to Glasgow, where an orientation drive takes in the fine 12th-century cathedral, imposing university buildings, and elegant Georgian squares built by wealthy tobacco barons. Tonight, enjoy a farewell dinner at your hotel. (B,D) Today's Distance: 99 mi / 160 km
Day 6 - GLASGOW Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 December 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.