The Long White Cloud
From 08/03/2021 to 09/04/2021
Franz Josef with a Glacier Valley WalkThe buzzing resort town of QueenstownNew Zealand’s vibrant capital Wellington ExploreGlowworm Caves in WaitomoMilford Sound with a nature cruise and kayak ImmerseIn traditional Māori Life at Whakarewarewa Living VillageTour the grounds and castle of the Larnach Family in Dunedin RelaxSpa treatment in QueenstownWith a soak in Rotorua’s healing waters.
Hand-picked accommodationTravel by luxury coachAirport Transfers (see flight information below).
Day 1 - On arrival, board a private transfer to your hotel. Tonight, enjoy a Welcome Reception.
Day 2 - Travel through the Southern Alps aboard TranzAlpine train. From Arthur's Pass, visit the small town of Hokitika, and meet a local greenstone (jade) carver. Continue to Franz Josef, where you'll spend two nights in an eco-friendly retreat nestled in the wilderness.
Day 3 - This morning, explore Franz Josef, where a local guide explains the history behind the imposing Franz Josef Glacier.
Day 4 - Discover the mighty Haast River this morning, as you journey its lengths in a fully enclosed river jet boat. Enjoy lunch at Makarora, then explore the heritage gold-settlement of Arrowtown, before a short orientation of breathtaking Queenstown.
Day 5 - Enjoy Queenstown your way. Why not join a wine tour, or even an adrenaline-filled activity.
Day 6 - Today, why not discover more of beautiful Queenstown. This evening, enjoy a Local Dining Experience in one of Queenstown's most exclusive restaurants.
Day 7 - Travel south along the shores of Lake Wakatipu to Te Anau and then through the rainforest of World Heritage Fiordland National Park. Tonight, stay at magnificent Milford Sound Lodge, with views of the magical Cleddau Valley.
Day 8 - Wake up to the awe-inspiring beauty of Milford Sound. Learn about Fiordland with your local expert, then sail this magnificent area, seeing endemic wildlife, an Underwater Observatory - or breathtaking kayaking!
Day 9 - Depart majestic Fiordland National Park for the picturesque South Otago. Travel through the musical town of Gore, before arriving in Dunedin, the country's most southern city.
Day 10 - This morning, join an exclusive tour of Larnach Castle. Spend the afternoon at leisure, perhaps cruise the Otago Peninsula.
Day 11 - Travel up the east coast through Omarau. Back in Christchurch, take a sightseeing tour, and learn of its history.
Day 12 - Travel along the Pacific coast to the whale-watching capital of Kaikoura. Continue to the seaside village of Picton. Later cross the Cook Strait to Wellington for a city sightseeing tour, and then visit the enriching Te Papa Museum of New Zealand.
Day 13 - Today see Wellington your way. Why not visit the Weta Cave, home of the creative wizards behind The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies or go on a walking tour around Wellington.
Day 14 - Travel through the dairy farming land of Manawatu to Napier in Hawke's Bay. This evening, enjoy wine-tasting and Local Dining Experience at one of their world-famous wineries.
Day 15 - Enjoy a relaxed start before you venture out to explore Napier. Join a local guide for a walking tour where you'll gain an insight into the city's Art Deco style. This evening, enjoy dinner at your hotel.
Day 16 - Enjoy a leisurely start before continuing the journey to nearby Rotorua. Visit the spectacular Huka Falls, before arriving in Rotorua for a sightseeing tour. Later, visit the Whakarewarewa Living Village for an insight into M?ori life. This evening, your Local Dining Experience is an authentic M?ori Hangi and concert at the Tamaki M?ori Village.
Day 17 - Ascending to the breathtaking Redwoods Treewalk, enjoy an elevated bird's eye view of the 115-year old redwood giants. Next stop is Rainbow Springs Nature Park. Discover native flora that grows around the crystal clear mineral water springs and you might even spot a kiwi or two.
Day 18 - Make your way to the famous Waitomo Caves for an exclusive 5-star Eco Glowworm experience. Later, travel through the dairy farming district of Waikato, and onto Auckland. This evening, toast your trip together at a Celebration Dinner
Day 19 - Time to say farewell as your Inspiring Journey comes to an end and you are transferred to Auckland Airport for your onward flight.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 26 January 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 21 January 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.