East Coast Islands & Rainforest
From 05/04/2021 to 18/03/2022
Stop at the Sarina Sugar Shed for a guided tour and lunch at a miniature Sugar MillBE MY GUEST Visit a family run working cattle property, Langmorn StationImmerse yourself in nature at Kingfisher Bay Resort K’gari (Fraser Island)including a 4WD tour of the World Heritage Listed islandSee the cute koalas at Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital.
AAT Kings donates $2 for every guests that visits to help in the rehabilitation of injured wildlife.
Unwind at the tropical paradise Hamilton Island with the option to book a tour to the world famous white-sand Whitehaven BeachStop at Millaa Millaa Falls and the Curtain Fig TreeSnorkel on the Great Barrier Reef.
Quality accommodationTravel by luxury coachExperienced Travel Director and Driver GuideAirport transfers (see flight information below).
1 - Start discovering the landscapes of Australia's east coast as you travel northward to the coastal town of Coffs Harbour. From your accommodation nestled amongst sprawling tropical gardens, you'll have the opportunity to wander down to Little Diggers Beach and Diggers Head. Enjoy the early evening sea breeze just like the locals do. Tonight enjoy a Welcome Reception and dinner with your Travel Director. Please note: Sydney Central, accommodation will need to be pre-booked for the previous night.
2 - Journey to Cape Byron Lighthouse for superb views from Australia's eastern-most point over the Pacific Ocean. Afterwards spend time discovering the relaxed bohemian vibe of Byron Bay. For lunch we recommend fresh fish and chips on the beach, there's nothing more Australian. Continue to the famous holiday destination, the Gold Coast.
3 - Today you have the freedom to enjoy the Gold Coast in your own style. Nature lovers may head to Mt. Tamborine, foodies explore the growing culinary culture or those needing relaxation just stroll down to the sand and salt of Surfers Paradise Beach.
4 - This morning visit Australia Zoo made famous by the Crocodile Hunter, the late Steve Irwin and his family. Enjoy a sneak peek into the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital and see how AAT Kings works with the Wildlife Warriors to support the koala rehabilitation project at the hospital, the country's largest and busiest wildlife facility. This afternoon the ferry will take you across to the World Heritage listed K'gari, also known as Fraser Island.
5 - A day of discovery lies ahead as your 4WD tour takes you for a ride around the island's must-see sites. Visit Lake McKenzie, ringed with magnificent white sandy beaches. Walk through the ancient rainforest at Central Station and Wanggoolba Creek with its huge satiny, scribbly gum and kauri trees. Across the island to 75 Mile Beach, the sand highway will take you up the eastern coast to the Pinnacles Coloured Sands; cooling, calm waters of Eli Creek and the famous sinking Maheno Shipwreck.
6 - Visit Langmorn Station, a fully operational family run cattle station. Meet the Creed family and take a guided tour of the property including the original family homestead, built in 1873. Enjoy afternoon tea in the garden in the company of the pet kangaroo! Cross the Tropic of Capricorn as you arrive in Rockhampton, the beef capital of Australia. Your night is free so why not try some local beef at one of the town's steakhouses.
7 - Travel north to Sarina today for a guided tour of its unique miniature sugar mill and distillery. At Airlie Beach you'll catch the ferry to Hamilton Island, one of 74 tropical islands that make up the Whitsunday group in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef. The spectacular island boasts pristine beaches and a kaleidoscope of coral and marine life.
8 - Today is yours to indulge in your own pleasures - consider an optional experience. Perhaps cruise to famous Whitehaven Beach, take a scenic flight over the iconic Heart Reef or sit back with a good book by one of the resort's stunning pools.
9 - Take the ferry back to the mainland this morning, from where you'll head north to the seaside town of Mission Beach. Nestled between World Heritage rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef, your accommodation offers superb views over the Coral Sea.
10 - Today's journey takes you to the Atherton Tablelands, with its lush rainforests, spectacular waterfalls and peaceful lakes. Visit Millaa Millaa Falls and the heritage listed 500-yearold Curtain Fig Tree, and keep an eye out for the magnificent Ulysses butterfly. Spend some free time in Kuranda, the 'village in the rainforest', before travelling on the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway. Your six-person gondola will provide spectacular views of the rainforest and the Coral Sea.
11 - Board a high-speed catamaran today and cruise out to the iconic Great Barrier Reef, the only living organism that can be seen from the moon. You'll have the opportunity to go snorkelling (equipment provided) or view the spectacular coral and tropical fish from the underwater observatory and glass bottom boat. Enjoy a tropical buffet lunch on board, before you return in the late afternoon for a Farewell Dinner with your Travel Director and new-found friends.
12 - Say farewell to your fellow travellers when your holiday comes to an end this morning after breakfast.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 07 June 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 02 June 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.