Best of Japan, 11 Days
HighlightsDay 1 Australia to Osaka.
Fly to Osaka via connecting cities. Note: Some flights may depart one day later.Day 2 Osaka.
You will be greeted upon arrival at the airport by a representative who will provide directions for your transfer to the hotel.Day 3 Osaka to Nara to Osaka.
Visit famous Nara Park, Japan's sacred deer sanctuary where you may feed and pet the freely roaming sika deer. Afterwards, catch a glimpse of grandiose Todaiji Temple, a World Heritage temple famous for its Great Buddha, and is one of the world's largest wooden structures. Next stop is formidable Osaka Castle, one of most visibly striking historical landmarks situated in the middle of the city, housing a museum and a viewing platform with impressive panoramic views of Osaka city.Day 4 Osaka to Kyoto to Osaka.
Discover World Heritage Kiyomizu Temple, one of the world's most celebrated Buddhist temples founded in 778 AD, famous for its wooden stage offering a panoramic view of Kyoto rising out of a sea of maples. Then head to Gion also known as Geisha district and delve into Kyoto's rich history while admiring the beautifully preserved architecture and traditional customs. Lastly, visit the Fushimi Inari Shrine famous for the magical and seemingly unending path of over 5000 vibrant orange torii gates that wind through the hills making it one of the most recognisable icons of Japan.Day 5 Osaka to Kanazawa.
Embark on a drive off the beaten track to the beautiful city of Kanazawa, sometimes called "little Kyoto", famous for well-preserved Edo era districts, art museums, regional handicrafts and the country's best gardens. Here you will visit graceful Kenrokuen Garden, celebrated for its classical landscape designs incorporating ponds and streams.Day 6 Kanazawa to Shirakawago to Takayama.
Explore the quaint beauty of unique Gassho-style thatched-roof farmhouses at historic Gassho-zukuri Village in Shirakawago. Then soak up rich Japanese heritage while walking along the Edo-period-style streets of Takayama Old Town at the mountainous city of Takayama. Tonight, enjoy a Japanese buffet dinner at the hotel and try Japanese hida beef.Day 7 Takayama to Tsumago to Magome to Matsumoto.
The ancient post towns of Tsumago and Magome on the Kiso Valley nestled between imposing mountain cliffs along the Central Japanese Alps is one of the most remote yet authentic sides of Japan. The well-preserved towns served as overnight rest spots for weary merchants and samurais who hiked the historic Nakasendo trail connecting Tokyo with Kyoto in feudal times.Day 8 Matsumoto to Lake Kawaguchi, Mt Fuji Region to Tokyo.
Lake Kawaguchi of the Fuji Five Lakes region is a hot spring resort town and one of the best places to view Mt Fuji (note: visibility of the mountain is subject to fair weather on non-cloudy days). Then visit Oshino Hakkai village where snowmelt from Mt Fuji runs through the 8 ponds resulting in crystal-clear fresh spring water revered by locals.Day 9 Tokyo.
Enjoy a free day to explore Tokyo. Japan's bustling capital juxtaposes the ultramodern with the traditional and offers an abundance of beautiful scenery, quirky activities, indulgent food and a vibrant nightlife. Consider travelling around the city on the shinkansen bullet trains with a visit to Tsukiji Outer Fish Market, high-tech entertainment island - Odaiba, iconic Tokyo Tower, the world's busiest intersection - Shibuya Crossing, numerous ramen restaurants and boisterous izakaya bars.Day 10 Tokyo to Australia.
A transfer will take you to the airport for your onward journey.Day 11 Arrive Australia.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 26 February 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..