Indonesian Island Cruise, 9 Days
Valid for select departures 30 January - 30 October 2020
9 day tour departing Kuta.
1 night accommodation in a Hotel.
7 nights accommodation in a Small Cruise Ship.
8 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches & 7 Dinners.
Transport by Small Cruise Ship, Zodiac, Bus.
Stand Up Paddleboarding.
Fishing from the Panorama II.
Satonda Island Crater walk.
Komodo National Park walk & swim.
Rinca Island Komodo dragon walk with ranger guide.
Lombok Sarong weaving workshop.
Lombok rice paddy walk.
WAS $3695*, NOW $2772*, SAVE $923*.
Day 1 Kuta. Om Swastiastu Welcome to Bali. You can arrive at any time today and one of our transfer representatives will collect you from the airport and take you to your hotel.
Day 2 Jimbaran Bay. This morning after breakfast at the hotel, you will go to a local family home in Jimbaran, where you will have the opportunity to learn how to make traditional Balinese offerings for a few hours. After this you will head to a classic Balinese Restaurant by the beach, where you can enjoy lunch and have some free time for a swim at the beach. Towels and showers will be available to use, before transferring to Port Benoa this afternoon and boarding the vessel at 4pm. Meet your two local leaders, attend a welcome meeting and a get briefed on safety, then set sail at around 5.30pm. Enjoy a welcome dinner onboard the ship with your leaders and fellow travellers, before spending the night at sea.
Day 3 Kenawa Island and Bedil Island. Today you'll arrive at Kenawa Island at about 9.30am and take a zodiac to shore. You'll have the option of going on a 30-minute walk up a steep, sandy cliff to a look-out point with stunning views of the surrounding islands and clear waters. Otherwise, feel free to relax and enjoy the beach for the entire morning. For lunch, the crew will be cooking a beach barbecue, right on the sand. After lunch, you'll sail for another two and a half hours to Bedil Island. Here you'll have the chance to use the kayaks, stand up paddleboards and snorkels before watching the sunset from between the coconut trees and then heading back to the boat for dinner. Spend the night at anchor.
Day 4 Satonda Island. Arrive at Satonda Island just before 9am. You will be given the choice between taking a hike or spending the whole morning swimming in the volcanic crater lake that the island is known for. The hike will take about 90 minutes in total and is steep and slippery in parts - but the views of the lake and the local fruit bats who live deeper on the island make it worth the effort. If you choose to partake in the hike, you will still have about an hour to swim in the lake afterwards. Return to the boat for lunch and then you can spend the afternoon either relaxing on the boat or back on the beach at Satonda Island before starting an overnight sail at about 5pm towards Banta Island.
Day 5 Banta Island. Arrive in Banta Island first thing in the morning. This spot is largely uninhabited and seldom visited, so there's a good chance it will be just you and your fellow travellers here to enjoy it for yourselves. Return to the boat for lunch and then have the option of staying and enjoying the comforts onboard or heading back to the beach for more water activities. In the early hours of the next morning you will set sail for Rinca Island, one of the larger islands within the spectacular Komodo National Park.
Day 6 Rinca Island and Padar Island. Arrive at Rinca Island in the morning and join local rangers for a walk, heading out in search of the famous Komodo dragons in their natural habitat. Rinca is far less touristy than Komodo Island, so dragon spotting here is less staged and more natural. These captivating creatures are often much larger than they look in pictures, sometimes growing to as long as three metres. After an active morning, you'll head back to the boat for lunch and then set sail for Padar Island, home of Pink Beach. Spend the afternoon on the glowing pink sand or enjoy the spectacular snorkelling before returning to the boat for an overnight sail to Moyo Island.
Day 7 Moyo Island. Arrive in Moyo Island in the late morning. This usually hard-to-access spot is another fine example of one of Indonesia's smaller, forest-clad isles. It's not hard to see why Lady Diana dropped anchor here for a holiday in 1993. After lunch, walk to a local village and continue with village guides to the Mata Jitu Waterfall for a cooling swim in its natural pool. The walk to the waterfall takes about four hours round trip and is largely on a hilly, unmade road. If you'd rather take it easy, you're welcome to explore the village yourself or spend some time at the local beach bar until the group return and you head back to the boat. After dinner onboard, set sail towards Lombok, the sleepy giant that lies to the east of Bali.
Day 8 Lombok. Arrive at the port of Bangsal in Lombok first thing in the morning and transfer into private mini-vans. You'll drive for one and a half to two hours before you reach Sukarara Village in Lombok, where you'll be treated to a traditional Gandeng Beleq dance performance. This village is known for its weaving, so take note of the beautiful handmade costumes the performers are wearing. Then you'll have the chance to learn more about the art of weaving and have a chance to purchase some of the items including clothes, bags and tablecloths. From here you'll drive to Bonjeruk Village. You'll be greeted by the villagers who will cook an amazing buffet of local food for you to enjoy for lunch among the picturesque rice paddies. You'll have a chance to learn more about how your visit supports the livelihood of the villagers, by providing the locals with jobs such as tour guides and cooks for the day. After lunch, you'll take a guided walk of the village and the locals will teach you about the different roles the various families all have, including rice harvesters, coffee roasters and weavers. After this you'll make the trip back to port and transfer back to the Panorama II, for a final dinner with your fellow shipmates onboard.
Day 9 Bali. After an early arrival in Bali, farewell your shipmates, as the adventure ends after breakfast. The crew on the boat can help you arrange a taxi to your next destination from Port Benoa if you require one.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 29 February 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..