Icehotel Experience in Swedish Lapland, 4 Days
1 July 2020 - 11 April 2021
4 day tour departing Kiruna.
1 night accommodation in a standard ice room at ICEHOTEL.
2 nights accommodation in a warm hotel room at ICEHOTEL.
Dogsled ride into the winter wonderland.
Warm winter clothes at ICEHOTEL for included activities.
24-hour emergency service.
Taxes and service fees.
Day 1 Kiruna to Jukkasjarvi. On arrival in Kiruna you will be brought to Jukkasjarvi, and your accommodation at the ICEHOTEL. Wander around the ICEHOTEL - check out all the different art suites. Choose between two restaurants - the ICE Restaurant with an "Ice Menu" or the Old Homestead with a more traditional feel. In the evening you can enjoy a drink in the uber-cool icebar before settling into your snow room at the ICEHOTEL. Inside ICEHOTEL, the temperature is never colder than -5 degrees centigrade to -8 degress centigrade, regardless of how cold it may be outside. Dress in warm thermal underwear, put on a hat and slip into the cozy sleeping bag. You are awakened in the morning with a cup of hot lingonberry juice at your bedside. Breakfast buffet, guided tour of the hotel, storage locker, WiFi, morning sauna and towels are included in your stay.
Day 2 Dogsledding. What better way to start the day than a dog sled journey across the snowy landscape with a stop for coffee & cake Afterwards ride back to the kennel to learn more about the Arctic dogs and their daily life. You can go for a wander in the afternoon - visiting the local village to see the Museum and pretty church. In the evening, rug up if you head outside in search of the Northern Lights. This evening you will stay in a warm room, i.e. a normal hotel room and enjoy a good long sleep. Note: The ICEHOTEL loans you, free of charge, snow boots and for those who feel cold, onesie snow suits.
Day 3 Snowmobile Safari. After a sleep in, head off after lunch for an afternoon snowmobile ride. This adventure will give you a perfect opportunity to experience Lapland's magnificent nature in broad daylight. You will be guided across frozen lakes and bogs, through hilly landscapes with views over the river and Kiruna in the far horizon. Traditional Swedish fika by an open fire included. Return for your final night in a warm room at the ICEHOTEL.
Day 4 Kiruna. After breakfast transfer to Kiruna for your departure. IMPORTANT INFO Activities can be substituted according to the season. Summer activities can include hiking, rafting and fishing. Enjoy sculptures in your room with an upgrade to an Art Suite or have your own heated relaxation area in a Deluxe Suite at ICEHOTEL. What is it like staying at the ICEHOTEL: Generally, the entire exterior and interior is made of snow and ice including the beds, tables and internal features. They typically have a bar and/or restaurant attached - some made of ice, others are traditional wooden structures providing a cosy atmosphere with open fires. Ice chapels are also built within the structure. The temperature inside the rooms remains constant at minus 4-7 degrees Celsius. Depending on your location, reindeer hides, balaclavas, thermal mattresses and sleeping bags will keep you warm, and ensure you will have a comfortable night. You still might feel the chill of the night, however, adjacent to the cold rooms are lounge areas with facilities, showers, and in some locations, a sauna to warm up in. Warm drinks are provided in the morning. Read further details about the ICEHOTEL here. Consider visiting any time of year ICEHOTEL 365.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 11 April 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.