Riches of the French Riviera
From 01-Jan-2021 to 31-Dec-2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Experiences in 10 destinations.
At the Roman amphitheatre Arenes de Frejus, try your hand at the traditional game of petanque.
Locally inspired dining - 23 meals and a wide range of onboard beverages.
Sit down to a gourmet lunch at a traditional Tuscan farmhouse.
Three nights luxury land accommodation.
Six nights on the small ship MS Island Sky.
Expert APT expedition leader and team.
Day 1 - Arrive Barcelona, Embark Ship Barcelona is the perfect starting point for your cruise along the Mediterranean’s glamorous north shores. You’ll be met on arrival and transferred to your ship. Your first night starts as it should, with sparkling and dinner on board.
Day 2 - Sete This morning, find yourself in Sete, on France’s Cote d’Azur where you can design your day to suit you with our Freedom of Choice activities.
Day 3 - Cassis, Aix-en-Provence Flanked by soaring cliffs and deep inlets, the fishing port of Cassis enchants visitors to this rugged coast, east of Marseille. It’s an ideal stop-off before heading inland to the university town of Aix-en-Provence, for a full day’s discovery with a guide. Amble through honey-coloured avenues cooled by tunnels of plane trees in summer. Bask in Aix-en-Provence’s history and balmy climate. Piece together the storied past of noble pavilions, cathedrals and museums. Take your time getting to know this elegant, Provencal-style city which made such an impression on the painter Cezanne, before tonight’s late departure.
Day 4 - Frejus, Saint-Tropez Frejus has its roots in Roman history. Explore the city with a guide, on a visit to its 5th-century baptistery in Frejus Cathedral. Tucked among modern buildings, you’ll find Roman structures dating back to Augustus and Caesar. We have a Signature Experience arranged for you here. Later, set sail for Saint-Tropez, where the afternoon is yours to enjoy this French Riviera hotspot. With a late departure arranged for you, the luxury of time means more opportunities to meander through the town’s historic citadel and maritime museum. The Old Port retains its fishing village ambience and borders the Old Town, filled with boutique-lined laneways.
Day 5 - Antibes Wake in the French Riviera town of Antibes, once home to the artist Picasso, with a museum in his honour. Explore the town’s fort and cobbled streets with a detour to Antibes’ Provencal Market. This afternoon, visit Nice or Cannes. It’s up to you.
Day 6 - Bastia On the island of Corsica, the northern port of Bastia has history at its core, you’ll find on this morning’s walking tour. In the historic district of town, stop off at the twin-towered Saint-Jean-Baptiste Church, overlooking the old harbour. Then visit Bastia’s baroque St Marie Cathedral before continuing to the citadel in the newer part of town. This is the place to sample authentic Corsican cuisine, including appetisers of fresh seafood and cured meats. Following lunch back on board, choose how you spend your afternoon. Perhaps explore the Old Port or return to the bright boulevards of Bastia’s new town. Dine on your ship this evening ahead of a late departure tonight.
Day 7 - Disembark Ship, Livorno, Pisa, Siena Disembark in the Tuscan town of Livorno and travel to the Leaning Tower of Pisa, known worldwide for its unintended tilt. Later, traverse the rolling hills of Tuscany en route to your accommodation in Siena, where you’ll dine tonight.
Day 8 - Zadar Thanks to our Freedom of Choice options, you can shape your day according to your interests.
Day 9 - Siena, Florence Be guided by a historical lecturer on a morning exploration of Florence. You’ll visit the Galleria dell’Accademia to see Michelangelo’s Statue of David. Later, explore Florence’s Central Market where you’ll have the chance to meet local artisans and sample delicacies during free time. Back in Siena, enjoy a farewell dinner.
Day 10 - Siena, Depart Rome After breakfast, we’ll transfer you to Rome Airport for your onward flight.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 10 December 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.