British Isles Quest
From 01-Jan-2021 to 31-Dec-2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Experiences in 10 destinations.
A Zodiac gets you up close to the unique rock formations of Fingal’s Cave.
Discover the subtropical Abbey Garden on Tresco Island.
Locally inspired dining - 23 meals and a wide range of onboard beverages.
Eight nights on the small ship the MS Island Sky.
Expert APT expedition leader and team.
Day 1 - Arrive Edinburgh, Oban, Embark Ship Following your transfer from Edinburgh, you’ll arrive in the historic seaside town of Oban, where you’ll board your ship. Take some time to settle into your spacious suite or head out on deck to watch the scenery drift by. This evening, gather with your crew and fellow travellers to celebrate the journey ahead with a Welcome Dinner.
Day 2 - Lunga, Iona, Staffa Early this morning, arrive on the Isle of Lunga, off the western coast of Scotland. You’ll discover a wildlife haven, home to grey seals, razorbills, kittiwakes and puffins before lunch back on board, as you cruise to Iona. More than 40 Scottish kings, as well as kings from around the world, are buried here amid the island’s tranquillity and natural beauty. You might like to visit Iona Abbey, one of the oldest Christian religious centres in western Europe or go for a wander along the local beach before setting out again, this time for the Isle of Staffa. Here, enjoy a Signature Experience.
Day 3 - Londonderry Arriving in Northern Ireland this morning, your ship berths in Londonderry, coined by locals as Derry. Here, you’ll disembark to explore the famous walls which wrap around the city. These are the only ones in Ireland which still remain intact. Afterwards, it’s time to head out to the Giant’s Causeway, which is a World Heritage-listed natural wonder. You’ll find over 40,000 basalt columns create rugged stepping stones into the Atlantic Sea. You are then free to craft your own afternoon.
Day 4 - Belfast After breakfast this morning, spend the day exploring Northern Ireland’s capital Belfast. Step back in time with a visit to the Titanic Museum, to learn the history of the RMS Titanic’s creation in the early 1900s, and the story behind this ocean liner’s maiden voyage. After lunch back on board, the afternoon is yours to shape as you like. This evening, start cruising to the Isle of Man with dinner back on board.
Day 5 - Isle of Man Arrive on the Isle of Man this morning, a tiny island in the Irish sea, steeped in Viking and Celtic heritage. Travel to Tynwald Hill in the little village of St John’s, to see this symbol of the island’s independence as a self-governing crown dependency. Then it’s onwards to the west coast port of Peel, where we’ve set aside time for you to explore on your own. Discover Peel’s castle ruins and enjoy a wander before heading back to the island’s capital, Douglas, where your ship is stationed. Perhaps join a local guide on a walking tour or explore Douglas independently. Walk along the town’s sweeping promenade or visit the Manx Museum. This evening, set sail for Ireland.
Day 6 - Dublin Cobbled streets, classic pubs, medieval castles and cathedrals, Dublin has it all, and we’re making a beeline for it during a full day’s discovery. Enjoy a choice of activities.
Day 7 - Waterford, Kilkenny Set your sights on Ireland’s south-eastern coast this morning. We dock in Waterford, a city which is famous for Waterford Crystal, world-renowned flint glass. Afterwards, hop on a coach to Kilkenny, the heart and soul of medieval Ireland, which is yours to enjoy with free time. Walk along cobbled lanes and discover hidden passage. Perhaps explore Kilkenny Castle, built over a millennium ago. Alternatively, delve into the town’s famous craft scene and peruse ceramics, jewellery, candles, stone carvings and more, all lovingly made by hand. Return to your ship for lunch, before your exploration continues. It’s time to visit the House of Waterford Crystal, and learn about the process and history of glass making which began in 1783.
Day 8 - Isles of Scilly Wake to the aquamarine waters and white-sand beaches of the Isles of Scilly, an unexpected tropical delight in the middle of the Celtic Sea. Within this archipelago off the coast of Cornwall you’ll find Tresco Island. Aboard Zodiacs, set out to explore. There’s no shortage of picture-perfect landscapes, from rocky outcrops to pristine beaches, while you’re here.
Day 9 - Plymouth, Disembark Ship, Depart London Disembark after breakfast in Plymouth, from where we’ll transfer you to London for your onward flight.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 10 December 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.