Passage Through the Balkans with Croatian Island Discovery
From 01-Apr-2021 to 31-Oct-2021
Experiences in 14 destinations.
Visit the traditional village of Radosic to sample local delights and see a cultural performance.
Visit a private island property and meet the owners, enjoy a home-cooked meal and swim or fish.
Finest dining - a total of 40 meals and all onboard beverages.
Seven nights authentic land accommodation.
Eight nights on a Small Ship cruise, the MV Lady Eleganza.
A wide range of onboard beverages.
Expert APT Tour and Cruise Directors.
Day 1 - Arrive Belgrade In the Serbian capital of Belgrade today, we’ll meet you on arrival and transfer you to your hotel. There’s time to relax before a welcome dinner with fellow guests this evening.
Day 2 - Belgrade Today, experience Belgrade on a walking discovery, including the Old Town’s Bohemian quarter, where cobbled streets are lined with trees and cafes. At its heart, take a stroll down the curved street of Skardalija dotted with taverns, art galleries and antique shops. Later, you’ll also visit the burial place of Josip Broz Tito, Belgrade Fortress, Kalemegdan Park and the Church of Saint Sava, one of the largest Orthodox places of worship in the world.
Day 3 - Belgrade, Zlatibor After breakfast this morning, head for Zlatibor, a region of mountains, rolling hills and rural villages, considered one of the most beautiful in Serbia. Along the way, linger in a local winery, which has been family-owned for generations, where warm hospitality and wine tasting are the order of the day. Later, continue to your hotel for the next two nights.
Day 4 - Zlatibor It’s all aboard the Sargan Eight Railroad this morning, as this heritage narrow-gauge railway loops through lovely scenery. You’ll also learn about this historical feat of engineering, which was built by Austro-Hungarian forces during World War I. Afterwards, continue to the timber village of Drvengard for lunch. Filmmaker Emir Kusturica created this village as the setting for his film Life is a Miracle and it is now an open-air museum depicting traditional life. This afternoon is dedicated to exploring Tara National Park. Nothing short of breathtaking, you’ll see pristine forested slopes, ravines and the dramatic Drina River Canyon, which is the third largest of its kind in the world.
Day 5 - Zlatibor, Sarajevo Sit back and watch the views slide by as you journey from Zlatibor to Sarajevo this morning. Once you’ve arrived in the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina, there’s time to settle into your hotel and enjoy this afternoon as you like. With a full day set aside to discovering Sarajevo tomorrow, you might like to relax a while before dinner at a local restaurant this evening.
Day 6 - Sarajevo Fascinating Sarajevo was at the centre of monumental events in the 10th century – the assassination which launched World War I, and the four-year siege of the city during the Balkans conflict in the 1990s. While scars remain, it has regained its status as a beautiful and cosmopolitan city.
Day 7 - Sarajevo, Mostar Leaving Sarajevo, set out for the historical city of Mostar today, arriving in time for lunch. Spanning a valley carved out by the Neretva River, this is a city packed with charming streets and architecture, clustered along steep river banks. First, sample traditional street food, burek (a delicious meat or cheese pastry), before continuing to see Stari Most (Old Bridge). This is the city’s centrepiece, a magnificent stone arch between medieval towers, which straddles the Neretva River. This 16th-century Ottoman treasure was rebuilt in 2004 and is now a World Heritage-listed structure known for its tradition of bridge diving. Later, take your time discovering the colourful stalls and handicrafts on display at the local bazaar of Kujundziluk.
Day 8 - Mostar, Dubrovnik This morning, travel to the ancient walled city of Dubrovnik, on the shores of the Adriatic. Set against a rugged mountain backdrop, this idyllic coastal city is a regular on the silver screen. Take your time settling into your cabin aboard the MV Lady Eleganza before joining a guided discovery of Dubrovnik’s Old Town and its maze of alleyways.
Day 9 - Dubrovnik, Mljet This morning in Dubrovnik set out for a guided tour of the medieval walled city. Then set sail to Mljet, one of the few Dalmatian islands that was never ruled by the Venetian Republic. During a tour of its national park, discover its pristine turquoise lakes.
Day 10 - Korcula, Vis Today arrive in Korcula, Marco Polo's birthplace. Then head from the coast to one of Croatia's main islands, fascinating Vis. The island was used as a military base for the Yugoslav army and only opened up to tourism in 1989. Enjoy dinner on board as your ship moors overnight.
Day 11 - Vis, Hvar Today depart from Vis and sail to Hvar, and take a short coach ride across the island to the stunning Old Town. Return to the ship for lunch and spend the afternoon in Hvar. Perhaps take an after-dinner stroll through the town, and visit a tavern or a cafe.
Day 12 - Sibenik, Krka National Park Sail to Sibenik and then head to beautiful Krka National Park. Here, explore the dramatic waterfalls. Take a walk along wooden jetties and bridges to admire the falls, and the unique flora and fauna.
Day 13 - Sibenik, Radosic, Kornati Islands Cruise among the 140 islands that make up the Kornati archipelago, then perhaps enjoy a swim from the ship's rear deck.
Day 14 - Zadar, Pag This morning enjoy a guided walk of Zadar's well-preserved Old Town, Roman columns, Romanesque churches and Renaissance palaces. Continue to Pag, where the MV Lady Eleganza will dock overnight, giving you a chance to explore the pleasures of the city after the busy daytime crowds have dispersed.
Day 15 - Rab, Krk Arrive in Rab and meander through the narrow old alleys of the picturesque Old Town. Then sail to the beautiful island of Krk, where weather permitting, your ship will drop its anchor so you can enjoy a swim straight from the deck of the ship. Tonight, enjoy a farewell dinner.
Day 16 - Disembark ship Opatija, Depart Zagreb After breakfast you will be transferred to Zagreb Airport for your onward flight.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 10 December 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.