Sensational South, 11 Days
Valid for select departures 24 October 2020 - 6 March 2021
11 day tour departing Wellington.
10 nights quality accommodation.
10 Full buffet breakfasts, 1 Be My Guest Lunch, 1 Highlight Dinner, 4 Dinners with wine & 1 Farewell dinner.
Services of an experienced Travel Director and Driver Guide.
Transport by luxury coach.
FREE return economy flights from selected departure cities*.
Day 1 Wellington. After settling into your hotel, you'll have time to explore Wellington independently. This evening, meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception at your hotel.
Day 2 Wellington. This morning, join a local guide for a walking tour to discover Wellington's vibrant culture and food scene. The afternoon is free for you to spend as you please.
Day 3 Wellington to Blenheim. Board the Interislander for a cruise across the Cook Strait, to the seaside village of Picton. Later it's on to Blenheim for an orientation tour before heading to your accommodation. Later, visit one of the Marlborough region's famous wineries, Hans Herzog Estate, for a tasting and 3-course Highlight Dinner.
Day 4 Blenheim. Choose from either land or sea sightseeing experiences: indulge in a half-day winery tour, or take the Greenshell Mussel Cruise into magnificent Marlborough Sounds, where you will learn about local history of the area and visit a mussel farm.
Day 5 Blenheim to Christchurch. Travel to Kaikoura, where sperm whales can often be seen not far from shore. Travel along the Pacific Ocean coast and across the colourful Canterbury Plains to Christchurch. See how Christchurch is rebuilding after the devastating earthquakes of 2010 and 2011, and pop into the incredible Transitional Cathedral in Latimer Square, the world's only cathedral made substantially of cardboard.
Day 6 Christchurch to Mt Cook. Enjoy some warm Kiwi hospitality at Morelea, the home of Angie and Stan Taylor, indulge in a Be My Guest barbecue lunch and hear about a lifetime spent farming in New Zealand. You'll also get to witness Angie preparing her famous dessert pavlova. From here it's on towards the spectacular Southern Alps and then alongside majestic Lake Pukaki, before arriving in Aoraki Mount Cook National Park to see Mt. Cook, the highest mountain in Australasia. Tonight, enjoy dinner with a breathtaking mountain view.
Day 7 Mt Cook. First up, you'll experience the melting ice face and icebergs of eerie, magical Tasman Glacier, New Zealand's largest, on a gently paced one-hour cruise guided by a local expert, against an awesome backdrop of New Zealand's highest and most spectacular mountains. Later, you will have time to enjoy your surroundings back at the Hermitage. A stargazing optional experience is available after dinner.
Day 8 Mt Cook to Te Anau. Today is another scenic day, travelling over the Lindis Pass through Central Otago. Visit Cromwell, next to pristine Lake Dunstan, and taste delicious stone fruit at a local orchard, then stop at the perfectly restored gold-mining settlement of Arrowtown. The town's beautiful tree-lined avenues and 19thcentury wooden buildings feel like a movie set. Afterwards, make your way to Te Anau, gateway to Fiordland National Park. This afternoon, you'll have the opportunity to try jet boating down the majestic Waiau River, to the serene Lake Manapouri, stepping into ancient beech forests and learning all about this unique location.
Day 9 Te Anau to Queenstown. Leaving Te Anau, you will take the scenic journey through the forests, flats and meadows of Fiordland National Park and out to Milford Sound. You will stop at Mirror Lakes where the stunning mountain scenery is perfectly reflected in the waters, then on to rough-hewn Homer Tunnel, and after, to one of the world's most dramatic alpine drives, down through the Cleddau Valley and its impressive Chasm. Then it's on to cruise the waters of the unmissable Milford Sound. Your cruise will take in the Bowen and Stirling Falls plummeting from glacial hanging valleys sharply into the sea, and sheer Mitre Peak, rising from the fiord's depths. Finally, you will travel on to the adventure capital, Queenstown. An orientation tour around Lake Wakatipu takes you into the city before arriving at your hotel.
Day 10 Queenstown. Choose an Included Choice sightseeing experience today: venture out on a scenic tour visiting the many filming locations of the Lord of the Rings, or cruise Lake Wakatipu aboard New Zealand's oldest steamship, TSS Earnslaw, to Walter Peak High Country Farm, for a gourmet Barbecue lunch at the Colonel's Homestead. This evening, join your Travel Director for dinner at The Boatshed, set in the historic New Zealand Railway Shipping Office built in 1936. Restored and relocated to its lakeside setting, The Boatshed, with its spectacular views of Lake Wakatipu and the Remarkables is the perfect for your exclusive Farewell Dinner.
Day 11 Queenstown. Farewell your fellow travellers when your holiday comes to an end this morning after breakfast. You will be transferred to Queenstown Airport for your onward flight.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 April 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Fly Free valid from selected departure cities only: Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Canberra, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Launceston & Hobart. Surcharges may apply for regional airport departures.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..